Author Topic: Having a problem.  (Read 1714 times)

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Having a problem.
« on: January 11, 2011, 02:39:32 pm »
Sometimes when I view a members thread in another forum all I see is a black box where a picture should be showing.  These pics are not being uploaded they are typically hosted on photo bucket etc.

This is happening on several other forums where pictures are hosted outside the forum.  Any suggestions?

I'm using win xp pro plenty of ram and it is not happening everywhere.  So it is not my video card.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Having a problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:13 pm »
Dunk...are you referring to the 'thumbnail' of the particular picture as shown in the thread?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:37:19 pm »
No, it is usually a picture that someone has embedded by using the url rather than uploading a picture.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 03:52:12 pm »
I'm sorry but I have no answer for that one other than that the 'uploader' didn't use the correct format from the source.
I also don't recall having run into this situation.

Anybody else have an answer?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

tux_linux

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 04:39:38 pm »
can you point us to one of those threads? which browser do you use?

Could also be a security setting in the browser not allowing to use 3. party content.

regards
Torsten

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 06:55:11 pm »
I use ff for my browser.  I did a virus scan and nada...I re-booted my computer and it is working again...so perhaps it was cookies or something...Thanks for mulling it over for me.
Mike

SMF

Teknoromi