Author Topic: what kind of printer do you use  (Read 5048 times)

HWPlmbr1

Re: what kind of printer do you use
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »
I have an HP 6500 all-in-one wireless, works great. We got our son an HP for college he has had it for almost 4 years now no problems. We went through 2 epson printers they didn't last, won't go there again.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 01:20:44 am »
I have a Hp c3180 printer scanner copier goes OK but the ink is expensive and can't use refill cartridges, black and color cartridge is around $78 so I am careful on what I print
Jimbo 

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 09:15:59 pm »
I have a hp all in one. I wore out several lexmarx printers but not my hp all in one. I drug it too and from college dorm rooms and apartments for almost 8 years. I recently replaced my computer and got a newer model because is was such a great deal.
I have considered getting a laser printer for all of the black and white scroll saw stuff, but I just don't have the desk space for two printers.
One lesson on getting the most out of your ink cartradge I learned a long time ago is that you really need to keep using it. Letting it sit for long periods with out printing is really hard on them.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »
Very True! mrsn!

The ink will try to 'dry out' if it sits too long. If you don't do anything else, once in a while, just go to the control panel, printers section. and run a 'Test Print"...uses very little ink but keeps it flowing...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 12:31:04 pm »
Lets see. I have a Cannon, Lexmark, Epson, Kodak, 2 HPs. I think that is all.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Mainewoods

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 02:22:51 pm »
HP Photosmart Premium All-in-one.  Works good, but ink is expensive.  Contemplating a Continuous Ink Supply System for it.  Cost is about equal to buying all 5 large capacity cartridges, but it's a one time purchase, and bottles of ink are relatively inexpensive.  I was just about to commit to a CISS for my Epson Artisan 800, but that printer bit the dust at just over a year old (naturally the warranty was over! >:()  Wouldn't buy another Artisan after reading how many were crapping out on people, so I bought the HP, and although it doesn't print as nicely as the Epson did, I'm mostly satisfied.

Sawdust Dave

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 04:55:14 pm »
I buy my ink from a store on EBAY called Inkmarts. I get the HP 7 pack (5 color and two Black) for $15 with free shipping. The color cartridges I get are 18ML and the black are 45ML. The cartridges are a generic brand but they work fine and last alot longer than the HP brand you get at a big box store. They sell ink for several different printers. I've bought twice from them with no problems.

http://stores.ebay.com/inkmarts

pauley555

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »
i use a Epson R200 series printer,5 different inks,as others they are expensive,more so when the kids are let loose onit

chief

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 12:15:24 am »
I have a Dell all-in-one and the ink is expensive as all get out.  I tried "remanufactured" ink and it didnt work out too good.  It says the color ink is low and the black cartridge doesnt even register as being installed.  Got the ink from a place online called www.inkgrabber.com dont do it.  I will pay the extra money for the actual Dell ink and know it will work.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 12:19:46 am »
Every Dell printer I have ever had dealings with just did not like the remanufactured cartridges!

They are also hard to find.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi