Author Topic: Trouble downloading PosteRazor  (Read 1529 times)

Dawie

Trouble downloading PosteRazor
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:55:51 pm »
Hi there,

I wanted to enlarge a pattern today and then discovered to my horror no PosteRazor as I forgot my pc crashed and I am using another pc. So I thought no prob just download it and then get on with it, but nada. It downloads but when I try to start it up it shuts down the pc. Any ideas on what might be the problem, tried working it in bothe explorer and firefox, same problem with both.
I now only realize how often I did use PosteRazor to alter the size of things.
David

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble downloading PosteRazor
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:33:19 pm »
Seems like it might be a corrupt file!

Clean it out completely (I recommend "Revo Uninistaller") and try downloading the file again.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 04:13:02 pm »
Thanks GB but I am a bit of a computer illitarate, do I need to download something to do this, I asume as much,and then just run it?
I will wait to hear from you before I muck up this pc and have none.
David

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »
David, yes you will need to download Revo Uninistaller. Just do a search for it on the internet.. Once downloaded and installed use it to remove PosteRazor. Then try to download a fresh copy of PosteRazor and reinstall it.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:57 am »
Thanks guys,
Did what you suggested, but nada, the problem remains, now my "clever"nephew just wondered in from his vacation in SA and says that the pc I am using has 1 video card that sometimes malfunctions that's why he build a new one. He wonders if this might have anything to do with the download problem I am having.
I can get the download to start no problem, but once I have downloaded it the pc shuts down automatically. When starting up again there is no problem and when I then try to start  PosteRazor the same thing happens. I have tried to download it from different sites and all give me the same hassle.
Maybe I will just have to learn to live without PostRazor for a while and do what I did before and use the Xerox at work to enlarge patterns.
David

SMF

Teknoromi