Author Topic: Chrome vs. FireFox vs. Opera vs. ????  (Read 2872 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Chrome vs. FireFox vs. Opera vs. ????
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:08:45 pm »
What's YOUR browser ane WHY?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Chrome vs. FireFox vs. Opera vs. ????
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:25:12 am »
Well GB, I like easy. So that means I use IE. Why? Because it's what is loaded on my laptop and it works!
Dan In Southern California

HWPlmbr1

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:04 am »
I use Firefox. Just got used to it and like how it works.

I have an old built (by my sons years ago) and updated and re-updated desk top. IE just runs too slow on it and uses too much memory. Still on XP can't run 7 on it.

I don't know opera. My son says don't use chrome too much "spy" stuff with it. But use SR Iron a shareware with out the "spy" stuff.

sp_343

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:56:42 am »
Firefox!  I Have it set with "speed dial" when the browser first opens and anytime I click the 'home' button.  I can set the number of open spots on the "speed dial" and then click and drop any web site I have bookmarked into a spot.  When the browser opens, all my favorite woodworking sites are available with a small preview window.  I can left click on anyone of those and it automatically opens in a new tab.

Firefox is quick and easy.  Works well....I've always found IE to be slow, even on the new Dell desktop that we just got.  Windows 7 is also really cool with the new features it has.

Mainewoods

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:56:07 am »
Using Firefox in Ubuntu.  New to Ubuntu so it's loaded along side XP.  Got to admit it's much faster, even on an 8 year old pc. 

cherie

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 07:27:57 am »
I have been using Firefox since the second half of my freshman year in college, basically when i started online classes.  The browser is fast and not very picky about the sites I visit.  IE is way to slow and Chrome, well it just did not do what I wanted it to and I did not like the way it looked.  I only use IE for Hotmail since Firefox (due to Drury) uses Outlook and I have difficulties signing in and out of one another on the same browser.  Hope this makes sense.

Dawie

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 01:00:28 pm »
I moved to using firefox a while back, think its an inprovement on IE. IE8 decided for me which sites where save and which not and at points just shut down a site even this one as it was according to them a major risk. Like to decide where I surf and what I see, plus firefox is faster and I like the tabs.
David

tux_linux

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 01:49:31 pm »
Chrome!

Because it is smart. Because it does some things better.

Needs some enhancement, but will rock as hell when chrome OS hits the stage.

regards
Torsten

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 02:40:40 pm »
What 'enhancements' do you recommend? Labs? Extensions?
Which ones?

Watch out though...Google is heading for "World Domination" (except in China of course!) <VBG>

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 02:49:00 pm »
Chrome.
Tried them all Chrome for me.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

tux_linux

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 02:51:49 pm »
The choice of a browser is kind of religious. Let's keep it to this and choose whatever fits your needs.

regards
Torsten

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 05:34:07 pm »
AGREED! I have all three installed and bounce from one to the other...FF, Chrome and Opera!

~~~GB~~~

SMF

Teknoromi