Author Topic: Just a thankyou  (Read 1185 times)

boutime

Just a thankyou
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:26:39 pm »
Steve, I purchased a scroll saw a few years ago but have never used it.  Been too afraid of messing up.  Since I found your site I think I am ready to give it a shot.  Thank you so much for all the time and effort you have put into it.  My 12 year old son and I are studying everything we can before we start. Looking forward to our first completed project.  Why you don't charge for all this is a mystery but be assured, a donation is forthcoming.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Just a thankyou
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »
There comes a time when you have to get your hands dusty. That time is now! Stop studying and dive in. Chances are your first few attempts won't go so well, but will soon improve. The best learning tool is hands on experience!
welcome to the forum. So we can welcome you better, go over to the introduction page, and introduce yourself!
Dan In Southern California

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:51:50 pm »
Thanks Boutime, I agree with dgman. Jump on in and make some saw dust. If you get a chance send me a picture of first project you and your son finish. The thing I like to hear the most is that your son is working with you.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 02:27:11 am »
You can bet your bottom dollar that the first few things will be designer firewood but don't worry you will get better with practice.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 08:30:33 am »
Messing up???  Once the pattern comes off - no one knows exactly how you messed up.  What a great way to spend time with your son.  Jump in and get sawdusty! 

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:07 am »
Absolutly!! learn by doing.  Sawing is a lot more fun than reading (except this forum of course ;) )
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 06:06:07 pm »
Just the other night I happened to 'find' my very first attempt at scrolling! Nothing elaborate, just a key hanger that never quite got totally finished.
I look at it now and wonder, "Did I really do that?"

BUT it got me started doing something I really enjoy and I wish I had a 12 year old youngster to enjoy this hobby with.

As stated...QUIT Reading and START CUTTING!!!

~~~GratBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi