Author Topic: Iknow i posted in one of the other places to post but ......  (Read 1044 times)

LARRYBATDORF

Iknow i posted in one of the other places to post but ......
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:38:33 am »
steve can you get a hold of the pattern for the one turn candle stick i saw on one of the videos you had on you blog not to long ago?

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Iknow i posted in one of the other places to post but ......
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:50:23 am »
That is a copyrighted pattern and can only be obtained buy buying it from Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts.

Here is the link.  8)

Scroll Saw Wood Working & Crafts Issue 36 Fall 2009
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

LARRYBATDORF

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:39:34 pm »
ok with it being copywritten does that mean i can not make them and sell them. ?

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:07:40 pm »
Larry...I think what you need to do is go to the magazine's website and look around and see if the pattern is 'online'. If not you will have to buy a back issue of the magazine and look directly at the pattern and the accompanying article to find the true answer to your question. (you may be able to find the magazine in your local library)
Each pattern maker sets his/her own restrictions as to what can be done with the pattern and the pieces produced from it. The quantity may or may not be 'limited' and you my or may not be able to sell the pieces. You may only be able to "make for your own use" (whatever that may be).

It all boils down to the pattern makers restrictions.

Copyrights are a very sticky area and we have beaten that horse almost to death in previous discussions.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline skip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:59:02 am »
why buy the book  if you cant use patterns ???????   i dont think they want you selling pattern   but can sell what you make              SKIP

tux_linux

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 07:47:30 am »
selling the pattern is definitely not allowed. But there can also be restrictions on production.

BUT - if you see the pattern as a giver for the idea and change it, so it is no more assigned to the original pattern, it should not be a problem.

Otherwise it is also simple to check out the pattern catalogs of our members:
http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/
http://www.scrollsawartist.com/

regards
Torsten

Chachi

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:14:48 am »
GB is right (now don't go gittin a swelled head GB lol) We have beaten the Copyright subject horse to almost death Thanks to me But I was like you I wanted to know the answers to the most common questions so here is the link  http://stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=4027.0
 feel free to read over it as well as the links with in the postes I think you will find all the answers your looking for I know I did.

Good Luck to you.

SMF

Teknoromi