Author Topic: posting problems  (Read 1065 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
posting problems
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:44:09 am »
Every time I try to post a picture and comment - it tells me my file is too big.  I know others post multiple pics and comments much larger than what I'm trying to do.  What am I doing wrong?

Dawie

Re: posting problems
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 03:14:14 pm »
Pictures must be 128KB or less and there is a max of 4 pictures with total of 300something kb, per post. Hope this helps you out.
David

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:28:54 pm »
If you have a windows based pc, then you have a program called "Paint" in the accessories section of your programs.  Run Paint, open the picture you want to upload, select resize and then either indicate you want to use 640 by 480 pixels, or just adjust the size until it is what you want.  Save the picture with a new name so as not to replace the original.  Look the picture up in windows explorer and right click on it, then choose properties and it will tell you the size of the picture.  As long as it is 124kb or smaller, you will be able to upload it.  Sounds like a lot of instructions, but after you do a couple it is really easy.

There are other ways to do it, especially if you have photo editing software, but just about everybody has Paint.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 06:29:38 am »
Thanks a million, I knew there had to be an easy way.  Until 2 years ago all I had was dial up - so I am way behind the power curve on my computer skills.  I'm working on it.  I'll give it a go.

SMF

Teknoromi