Author Topic: Looking for Excellent Source to Purchase Walnute and Cherry  (Read 1540 times)

Mick Shambro

Looking for Excellent Source to Purchase Walnute and Cherry
« on: August 05, 2013, 05:02:23 pm »
Hi Steve,

I've been buying hardwood from Ocooch for years but a year ago or so it changed hands.  Customer server stayed pretty much the same for awhile, but now things are not quite like they used to be.  I usually get voice and then in a couple of days they return my call and I can place the order.

Do you know of any other good sources to purchase 1/4", 1/2" mostly cherry and walnut?  Sometimes I purchase other woods like Padauk, Maple etc.

Thanks, Mick.
shambrola@insightbb.com

countryscroller

Re: Looking for Excellent Source to Purchase Walnute and Cherry
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:37:52 pm »
I can't help you here. I have been buying from Ocooch for a while now and didn't know that they had changed hands in the past. I have always had pretty good service from them.

rfarmer

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »
I also buy from Ocooch and have had pretty good luck sometimes the cherry doesn't look that great ( or real) but other than that great.

mcartist

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:59:18 am »
 You might try http://www.wilcoxcarvingwood.com/  I use to live up there. He specializes in basswood and butternut but usually has a good supply of most hardwoods. Walnut is getting tough to find as it is being bought up by the Chinese. Dale also is pretty good about cutting it to most dimensions. One other thing, if you carve his wood is real hard to beat.   

Offline maritimer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 07:27:04 am »
Mick, you may have found a supplier by now but I buy my 1/8" & 1/4" from Memphis Lumber in Memphis, NY.  They are very friendly and great service and no problem with the boards.  Due to weight and cost I buy thicker boards locally (no one around here sells thin boards).  Their website is:  memphishardwoodlumber.com

Good luck!

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 09:45:57 am »
I have used Heritage Woods in Minnesota and had good results.
WWW.HERITAGEWOOD.COM

Tony,aka,Toneman

Mick Shambro

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:02:00 am »
Thanks everybody for all the potential wood sites.  I appreciate it.

Mick

SMF

Teknoromi