Author Topic: Steve - todays tip (May 17) is a good one.  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Barry

• View Profile
Steve - todays tip (May 17) is a good one.
« on: May 17, 2013, 02:42:19 pm »
CA glue is the best for fretwork repairs.  I work part-time at my local Woodcraft store.  When I sell CA glue I always recommend the customer consider buying the debonder.  It is real easy to glue your fingers to the piece you are fixing or glue your fingers together.  The debonder, when used as directed, can save you a lot of time and pain.

You do a great job Steve.  I love your web site and I recommend it to everyone who comes into the store asking about scrolling.

Barry

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Steve - todays tip (May 17) is a good one.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:28:44 pm »
I have never used the debonder but acetone works great for that purpose.  Ub-stuck a kids fingers a while back.  then I put some on a rag and wipe and it removes it from the skin.   Most folks will probably want to use some hand lotion afterwards as the acetone realy dries the skin.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Becky

Re: Steve - todays tip (May 17) is a good one.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:52:38 pm »
I don't use CA glue much but when I do, it is always a waste of the whole tube.  It usually gets dried up before I want to use it again - even if that is just a few days later.  If you get it in a bottle like the one in the video, does it continue to be useful after it's been opened?

If you don't have my problems with the CA in a tube, what the heck am I doing wrong?

SMF

Teknoromi