Author Topic: Photos  (Read 3693 times)

boxmaker

Re: Photos
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 08:43:26 pm »
Hi Jimbo, I watched Steves video on posting pics and for me the easiest way is to take your pictures normal size, in your case 4.0 mp. then load the picture in a photo program, I use Corel photo and choose from the menu above, choose image, then resample and it will show you how big your file is. Example 4.05 mb then use the percentage arrow down until about 20 to 30 percent, you will see the file drop to about 120kb more or less. keep the maintain aspect ratio box checked and both percentages will change, then save as a gif in a folder that you will remember, because you will have to go to this folder later, now right click on the image where you saved it and go to properties and look at the file size and make sure it is small enough to post. If its not small enough go back and reload the image and lower the percentage more. Now when you pick additional options below your post and choose browse go to the folder where you saved it and click on the picture you want to post click post and your picture should appear below your post. This for Corel Photo, most programs should work similarly, example you may have to choose resize image or something like that. I hope this doesn't confuse you more.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 09:17:09 pm »
One of the absolute best image handling programs is very powerful and very FREE....

Irfanview is great....

http://www.irfanview.com/

No picture hosting but 'do it on your own 'puter'!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 08:37:52 pm »
Hi Crusty
I down loaded that micro soft program and it seem to work, thanks, I will take a few pics and try putting them on
Thanks
jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi