Author Topic: introduction  (Read 4274 times)

aubec

Re: introduction
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 09:20:13 am »
Hello and welcome from England!
aubec

rob roy

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 09:44:38 am »
Hi Aubec, thank you for the warm welcome. Another one from the UK. I am already having some fun on this site and i'm sure i'll have more when the blades arrive for the saw. Thanks again.
Roy.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 02:21:30 pm »
And a BIG welcome from the middle of the U.S.!

St. Louis, Missouri home of the World Famous Baseball CARDINALS!

We will appreciate your woodworking wisdom and welcome any and all questions you may have.

As a group we NEVER tire of talking about our hobby and HELPING others!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dawie

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:39 pm »
Hi Roy,

I'm David. I live on the other side of the channel in the Netherlands. I love Scotland, been there four times now and saving to go again. You've come to the right place to get questions answered en general fun with a great scroll saw family. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing some of your work.

David

Offline glenn wouters

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 02:52:39 pm »
Hi Roy.

I'm also a beginner with a very old simple scrollsaw.
But no matter what kind of machine you have, it's the fun that counts.
I already made a lot of "design firewood" but if a project comes out nice...aaahhh good feeling.

I hope you have fun here, and in your shop scrolling away.

Greetings Glenn, Belgium

ps; to Dawie... i didn't know i had a neighbour here...where in Holland?
I'm in Zelzate, close to Terneuzen.

rob roy

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 03:04:41 pm »
Hi Dawie, thank you for your warm welcome. I have only been here for a couple of days and I feel as if Iv'e been here for a long while. I hope you enjoyed your visits to Scotland. I live in a town called KILMARNOCK about 20 miles South West of Glasgow. Johnnie Walker whisky is made in Kilmarnock and believe it or not all the carpets on the Titanic were made here. They'll be a bit soggy by now. I can't wait to get started on this scroll sawing. Thanks again Dawie. All the best from Scotland'
Roy

rob roy

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:26 pm »
Hi Glenn, thank you for your warm welcome. As i said to Dawie, Iv'e only been here for a couple of days and it's great fun. You say you are using a simple old saw, well i'll be a simple old man using one but I am looking forward to it. I'm looking at some fun,once I get the hang of scrolling. Thanks again Glenn. Best wishes from Scotland.
Roy

Dawie

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 03:29:24 pm »
Hi Roy.

I'm also a beginner with a very old simple scrollsaw.
But no matter what kind of machine you have, it's the fun that counts.
I already made a lot of "design firewood" but if a project comes out nice...aaahhh good feeling.

I hope you have fun here, and in your shop scrolling away.

Greetings Glenn, Belgium

ps; to Dawie... i didn't know i had a neighbour here...where in Holland?
I'm in Zelzate, close to Terneuzen.

Hi Glenn,

I live way up north in Hoogezand about 15km from the city Groningen. Could not be further away from Zeeland. Glad you have found us. I have learned a lot since I have been here and it's just a fun place to hang out.

David

rob roy

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 03:36:55 pm »
Hi Grey Beard, thank you for your warm welcome. I may be in Scotland but not only have I heard of the Cardinals, I've even watched them. Scotland might be considered backward but we have SKY.LoL. I am now just waiting for the blades to arrive and i'll be off like the Discovery. A lot to learn in a very short time but i'm sure I wont be short of advice in this big family. Your reputation goes before you as I am led to believe you are the main joker of the family. Thanks again Grey Beard and best wishes from a very wet Scotland. Oh! and all the best for the implant,hope it is working well.
Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi