Author Topic: Wood Color Pallet for Pattern Designing - Is there an App for that?  (Read 812 times)

Offline Pinelog

• New DeWalt 788 Owner!
    • View Profile
I was working on a project in Paint.net and after I got my pattern the way I wanted it I started looking at it and wondering what it would look like with this kind of wood and that kind of backing.

It got me to thinking so Im here asking, Is there a wood color pallet program or even a decent BMP/GIF/JPEG that represents the different wood color ranges like say Aspen, Walnut, Maple, etc that I could use to get an idea of what this wood and that wood would look like with my pattern?

Someone has got to have developed a Photoshop plug in or app that will take the guess work out of just finding a color that "looks like wood"?

And yup I will be cross forum posting this to see if any of the artists have a solution for this and will share if I find one.
Walter

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Wood Color Pallet for Pattern Designing - Is there an App for that?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 03:19:08 am »
Sorry I can't give much info about Paint.net but, Photoshop has that feature.
It is listed under a category called PATTERN next to the Background color choices.
Maybe there is something in Paint that just doesn't have a label you would think
applied.
Good luck and God Bless!
Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi