Author Topic: word art  (Read 1708 times)

Offline angeleyes3853

• View Profile
word art
« on: August 17, 2016, 07:50:36 pm »
I was wondering if any one has a pattern to make last name plaqueto put on our front porch.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: word art
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:25:53 pm »
Word Art signs are really easy to make, all you really need is a graphics program such as inkscape, Gimp, Corel Draw or something similar.  There are for a simple sign just a couple of steps.  Step 1- Decide how big you are going to make your sign.  Step 2 - Decide what shape it is going to be. Step 3 - draw that shape in your graphics program.  Step 4 - using the add text function of your graphics program type out the name that you wish to dousing a font that you like.  Step 5 - Make the name fit the sign and ensure that none of the letters will create drop outs when you cut them.  Letters such as the A,B,D,O,P,Q,R will have to be modified so that the insides do not drop out when cut.  If you include the lower case there are a few more.  a,b,d,e,g,o,p,q,r  There are some very good tutorials on how to make signs on youtube.  You may wish to search a few of them up and view them.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 01:53:06 am »
If you post what name you would like and some instructions about
what font or a general description such as Western look, Fancy Script,
Old English, etc you'll probably get some choices in patterns.
I realize that doesn't really answer your question about a specific
program to make the signs but, maybe someone can help you out.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline angeleyes3853

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:58:38 am »
thanks for replies I am just starting with scroll saw I am a truck driver so I am only home once a month so just trying to get an idea.

SMF

Teknoromi