Author Topic: The Lifeless Workshop  (Read 5008 times)

countryscroller

The Lifeless Workshop
« on: November 04, 2014, 08:37:42 am »
I hate to say it, but I haven't been in my shop all summer and up to now. Many of you know that I have a brother with a disability and that has really taken up all of this year because he is continuing to get worse with his disease. In July he got a feeding tube placed in him and due to his disease, that procedure really took a toll on him. Since he got out of the hospital from it, he has required even more attention and care, not that he didn't before, because trust me he did. He is doing ok now, just slowing down a lot. Now that things are at a constant pace, it is turning to winter already, darn. Not only the care of my brother that has kept me out of the shop, but it is me also. With everything going on, school, work, and my brother, I just haven't had the drive or passion to get in the shop. I am starting to get in the mood of stirring up sawdust now, so despite the cold that is coming, I am planning on getting out there and making projects. I apologize for my absence here on the forum. I thank all of you for making a great community here and I am glad to be a part of it.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: The Lifeless Workshop
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 08:49:47 am »
So sorry to hear of your brother, Dustin. Just know that we will all be here when you are ready. There will be a "right time" for you to return to your shop and you will know when it is here. I hope you have an easier time of things.  Take care, Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 08:50:19 am »
Dustin, I hope you get the time in your shop.  Reads like you deserve some time to relax and enjoy yourself. 

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:00:05 am »
Dustin, I am so sorry to hear of your brother's setback. My prayers are with you and your brother. God will Bless you for being there for your brother. I know first hand how hard it is as my wife took ill over 2 years ago and I have been her primary care giver which leaves me very little time to get into the shop.Hang in there good buddy.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 10:18:33 am »
Nice to see you again.  So sorry for all the problems. Hug your brother for me and hang in there, there is brightness ahead for you.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 10:50:11 am »
Don't really know what to say. Will keep you and your brother in our Prayers. Lay all your burdens on the Lord.

countryscroller

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 12:26:35 pm »
Thank you all for being great!

Offline ALG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »
Good to hear from you and thanks for the update on your brother.
I was wondering how he was doing and I'm sure others have been also.

countryscroller

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 09:20:51 pm »
Thank you ALG

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 09:24:02 pm »
Got to take care of your brother and your self first, shop time comes second, best wishes to your brother, and hope he is doing ok. I myself haven't been in front of my tools all summer either thinking was going to be able to get out with the warm weather and work too that away, but without work I couldn't scroll. I am still trying to get out there and like you winter is setting in, 39 for the lows at night and 60 during the day a sign of man winter moving in quick.

countryscroller

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 10:21:48 pm »
Yep a high of 30 something here the next couple days here, I heard of another polar vortex

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 11:44:18 pm »
Dustin take care of family and the rest will take care of itself.   Glad to hear from you and to know about your brother.  We are here if you need to talk.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 01:33:48 am »
Thanks for the up-date.
Sorry to hear about more problems for your brother.
You are both in my prayers. Hope you can pray for my wife and I also
as we are experiencing bad health too.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 06:11:41 am »
There is not one of us here that have not had life get in the way of our scrolling but we all eventually get back out there when the time is right.  Just remember that while you are looking after your brother, going to school and work you also neen some you time otherwise you will burn yourself out.  My thoughts and prayers go out for your brother . Take care of yourself Dustin.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

countryscroller

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 10:13:36 am »
Thank you all so much and Spirithorse I am praying for you guys as well.

SMF

Teknoromi