Author Topic: Good day from Eastern Australia  (Read 998 times)

Wandascroller

Good day from Eastern Australia
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:48:07 am »
Hi
Congratulations Steve on your site. Thankyou for the patterns, information, videos, which I can now view as I am on Broadband, and now the forum.
I have been scrolling for about 7 years. Mostly pine stand up puzzles, small pendant shapes, broaches, Quilters buttons & word art. Have recently scrolled a small box & want to try a scrollsawed bandsaw box and Intarsia. 
Barbara

cherie

Re: Good day from Eastern Australia
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 08:53:57 am »
Barbra, I have never done a box yet.  Let me know how easy it is?  I have many of Steves box patterns, just never tried them yet.  Nice to meet ya!!

Wandascroller

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:55 am »
Hi Cherie
The box wasn't that hard to make.
I left the ends a fraction longer & sanded everything even on the belt sander once I had it glued together.
Didn't cut one end piece to the lines well and fixed it with glue & sawdust & then sanded when dry. Also did a bit of sanding to get the bits to fit together nicely. I used a picture frame clamp to hold it all together until the glue was dry.
Hardest part was cutting the long sides straight with the scrollsaw.  Will post a pic when I get it finished.
Noticed you also do Photography I am a member of the camera club here. Only a hobby though.
Cheers

cherie

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:33 am »
Cannot wait to see!!!  Thanks.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:58:04 am »
Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi