Author Topic: Greeting to all members!  (Read 999 times)

gardner

Greeting to all members!
« on: April 19, 2010, 07:37:38 am »
Hi there I am a new member and am just starting to get back into woodworking and have been enjoying scroll saw work the most of all ,mostly doing Intarsia for family and friends as well as my own enjoyment. My wife and I have enjoyed the rv lifestyle (snobirds) for the past number of years and this year decided we had been there done that and came home from Fla mid December and sold our MH , While away my neighbor introduced me to Intarsia and as soon as we got home I ordered some patterns and fell in love with the work. We hope we can find a rental property in the South for 3 months for the winters and this can be difficult as we have two small dogs. If we are successful I will be taking my Dewalt with us and continue my work.  We are located in NB Canada I am 72years old and my wife is younger. I look forward to opening my e-mail each morning to see what Steve has come up with overnight. Sorry if I got carried away and for being so long winded./RW

cherie

Re: Greeting to all members!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 07:42:22 am »
Welcome.  I am new to this site also.  I would love to see some of your work.  Intarsia is something that I have not got into yet.  I have been scrolling for 6 years now, and just recently purchased a lathe from Grizzly tools.  I am wait for the day when I am able to afford the rest of what I need to turn pens.  There is nothing like a homemade project.
Have a great day.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Greeting to all members!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:23 am »
We are all new to the site... Glad you found the forum. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A project a day will keep the doctor away LOL...
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi