Author Topic: Help With Dewalt Type 1  (Read 1356 times)

Offline WisScroller

• View Profile
Help With Dewalt Type 1
« on: September 03, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »
I Have A Dewalt 788 Type 1 The Problem I have is a lot of Vibration with lots of Noise and Lifting the arm is Tight one more thing the motor runs high and low too going to take it apart when I get time.
thank you

Blue Peeps

Re: Help With Dewalt Type 1
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 07:48:20 am »
Hmm, none of that is good.

I would check the needle bearings and their sleeves for signs of wear and/or lack of lubrication while you have the saw torn down, and replace/regrease the parts that need it.
Hopefully it is just dry as a bone and you only need to grease it, as opposed to having to replace badly worn parts.

Arm should not be tight, so make sure that it moves freely after reassembly. I have heard some people say that they tighten the arm until it stays up on its own, but that is a no-no. There are several products out there that hold the arm up (I use "The Lifter" on mine, and love it) so that is the way to go in regards to keeping the arm up.

I have a Type 1 from 1997 with all original parts, and it purrs like a kitten and still looks like new inside. I keep it well greased and properly tensioned, so that goes a long way towards keeping it running smoothly.

Offline Clem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:13:20 am »
Check out this site. Rick Hutcheson knows the scroll saw.
Here is a link.
http://www.scrollsaws.com/
Clem

Offline WisScroller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 11:48:51 pm »
Hey Clem & Blue Peeps
thanks for the info I did find time this weekend to take it apart and it was the
nut on the motor that came off with that bushing I got back on now to see if
will work thanks again..

SMF

Teknoromi