Author Topic: best computer lenovo thinkpad t420 and you can get yours at  (Read 2122 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
best computer lenovo thinkpad t420 and you can get yours at
« on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:04 pm »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W4AMWCI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

for $329.00

it is a 64bit windows 7 pro 64bit with 8 gb of ran 320gb hard drive and a great display.

enjoy. if you get one post back here and let me know how you like yours.

I got the 8gb one. for $329.00 and they also have free shipping can't beat that if you are looking for a new cheap computer can't go wrong here.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:44:42 pm by cyberghost »
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: best computer lenovo thinkpad t420 and you can get yours at
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:56:47 pm »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W4AMWCI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

for $329.00

it is a 64bit windows 7 pro 64bit with 8 gb of ran 320gb hard drive and a great display.

Lenovo is the brand name that the Chinese came up with when they purchased IBM's computer division.  The laptop is made in China.  Specs might be decent the price might be decent but this is a refurbished unit.  Need to keep that in mind.  Looks like a decent unit if you like laptops.  My doctors use them for their practice.  Might get one. Hmmm...

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:27:26 pm »

for $329.00

Lenovo is the brand name that the Chinese came up with when they purchased IBM's computer division.  The laptop is made in China.  Specs might be decent the price might be decent but this is a refurbished unit.  Need to keep that in mind.  Looks like a decent unit if you like laptops.  My doctors use them for their practice.  Might get one. Hmmm...

DW

LOOK again it is a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 - Intel Core i5 2520M 8GB 320GB Win 7 Pro (Certified Refurbished)

it is a Certified Refurbished.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:25:27 pm »
So... look at what I wrote please. 
I said it was a good system, but refurbished and that it is manufactured by China. 

Certified refurbished or not does not change the fact that it is a used system and has a significantly shorter warranty period than a new system would have generally only 90 days for a refurbished one ( industry standard ). 

I said that it was a decent system for a laptop if you like laptops, which I do not.  Each to their own however. 

I support all computers from tablets to servers so I have no real problem with working on a laptop except they all  have issues that sooner or later need to be addressed.  I prefer desktops as they are more flexible with hardware changes and generally are more powerful and cheaper than a laptop.

I also said that the price was a decent one as well. 

I was not attacking the Lenovo offer rather offering my experience ( over 40 years supporting computers ) with the pros and cons of a referb unit.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 10:02:23 am »
Lenovo is a top brand and this is a great price. And Win7 is a good opsys.

BUT - I just recently bought a refurbished Asus Chromebook from Amazon. When I opened it and tried to connect to my WiFi network it would not accept my passcode. It turned out the '5' and '6' buttons were both DOA. Amazon paid for the return and refunded my $$$ but it was a bit of a hassle. If you have the time and don't mind returning it once or twice, you can probably get a deal.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 11:53:10 am »
So... look at what I wrote please. 
I said it was a good system, but refurbished and that it is manufactured by China. 

Certified refurbished or not does not change the fact that it is a used system and has a significantly shorter warranty period than a new system would have generally only 90 days for a refurbished one ( industry standard ). 

I said that it was a decent system for a laptop if you like laptops, which I do not.  Each to their own however. 

I support all computers from tablets to servers so I have no real problem with working on a laptop except they all  have issues that sooner or later need to be addressed.  I prefer desktops as they are more flexible with hardware changes and generally are more powerful and cheaper than a laptop.

I also said that the price was a decent one as well. 

I was not attacking the Lenovo offer rather offering my experience ( over 40 years supporting computers ) with the pros and cons of a referb unit.

DW

it does come with 1 year  warranty.

SMF

Teknoromi