Author Topic: windows 10 sucks  (Read 5801 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
windows 10 sucks
« on: August 13, 2015, 02:59:49 am »
Windows 1o sucks

Be careful when you do install windows 10 it not really 100% free and it got tons of bugs in it.

I would stay with windows 7 pro 64 bit.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
Re: windows 10 sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 05:45:23 am »
My tech guy told me to wait a few months for Windows 10 to get some of the bugs worked out.  I have 7 Pro now, but haven't they already quit support for that?
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 06:29:10 am »
I got an update this morning for win 7, not touching 10 for at least 6 months.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 09:05:25 am »
I have installed Win 10 on 3 machines without a problem.  2 where running Win 8.1 already so not much change.  I had all Steve's programs running and no issues.  Same with Gimp and Inkscape. In fact GIMP loads much faster.

My wife's was Win 7 and it has not had any problems either.

The only issue I have is with the new Edge (IE replacement) as you can't modify the favorites bar.  I can't delete some crap I put there. Plus there is no tool bar as I used to run the Google tool bar that I liked.

The default search is Bing which I don't think is as good as Google and I just have to figure out a better way around that.  I have a link in my favorites to Google.

My own computer was slow with IE as I think malware bytes slowed it up but don't see the problem with Edge.

I pinned IE11 to the task bar and it still is slow and in fact sometimes won't connect.

My wife who is technology challenged discovered the start button on her own and now really likes some of the features.

Overall I like it and would not be afraid to recommend.

Don

PS:  The only issue I had with installation was on my computer I got error code 80244019 and it would not load the update.  All I had to do was remove the check for other Microsoft software updates and it was fine.  Just took me an hour checking Microsoft message codes and then I googled and it was an easy fix.

Offline herrwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 12:23:52 pm »
To me they all do the same thing so do not  see a need to update.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 01:07:15 pm »
I'm confused by your statement.
windows 10 it not really 100% free

What did you need to pay for?
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 04:17:03 am »
I have installed Win 10 on 3 machines without a problem.  2 where running Win 8.1 already so not much change.  I had all Steve's programs running and no issues.  Same with Gimp and Inkscape. In fact GIMP loads much faster.

My wife's was Win 7 and it has not had any problems either.

The only issue I have is with the new Edge (IE replacement) as you can't modify the favorites bar.  I can't delete some crap I put there. Plus there is no tool bar as I used to run the Google tool bar that I liked.

The default search is Bing which I don't think is as good as Google and I just have to figure out a better way around that.  I have a link in my favorites to Google.

My own computer was slow with IE as I think malware bytes slowed it up but don't see the problem with Edge.

I pinned IE11 to the task bar and it still is slow and in fact sometimes won't connect.

My wife who is technology challenged discovered the start button on her own and now really likes some of the features.

Overall I like it and would not be afraid to recommend.

Don

PS:  The only issue I had with installation was on my computer I got error code 80244019 and it would not load the update.  All I had to do was remove the check for other Microsoft software updates and it was fine.  Just took me an hour checking Microsoft message codes and then I googled and it was an easy fix.

If you must upgrade to windows 10 do a clean install. Don't do the upgrade just cause problems
Yes you can still get windows 7 updates and support for at least 5 to 8 years. I to have windows 7 pro and windows vista and both still get the windows updates and support from Microsoft. I just hate windows 10 because for one they force you to windows updates and drivers and there is no way to change that like in windows xp windows vista windows 7 and sucking windows 8 /8.1

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:25:19 am by cyberghost »

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 05:43:15 am »
Windows 10 like any other OS Microsoft has put out has some bugs that is to be expected.  The OS is a major departure inside from previous versions of Windows including Window 8 / 8.1.  As for doing the upgrade let this guide from Microsoft's own website be your guide.

You have approx. 1 year to get the free upgrade, in that time there will be a ton of patches I am sure so for me at least I am waiting.  About doing the upgrade at all, while the OS that you have now will continue to operate when the extended support date is reached you will no longer be able to get drivers, upgrades or any support at all from Microsoft.  It is because of this that if I could locate a good replacement OS ( Linux and its variants are NOT good replacements as they can not run all the programs that have been written for Microsoft Windows platform ) I would go to it.  I do not like being forced to make a change because the company that made the OS decided to make more money from the world.  Will I am not going to get on that soap box as this is not the forum for it.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 08:43:29 am »
THANK YOU ALL for this info.  I was just going to make a post about who uses
this Windows 10.  Keep getting that Blue window saying MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS.
Anyway....Now I know and since I DO NOT have any problems now I shall just
disregard it for the time being.  Thanks again...............Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 09:15:25 am »
I have installed 10 with no problems.  Finally figured out how to make Gmail my go to but everything works fine.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:45:41 pm by cyberghost »

thumbs1946

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 09:26:30 am »
I installed windows 10 and I like it. to each their own.  I'll leave it at that.  Thumbs

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 10:06:32 am »
I did not do the easy install and turned off several of the items that could have been included.

kingcole

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 09:02:50 am »
I let microsoft do the on line update then had a lot of problems     I went to settings and found that everything that could be done by quicktime and been set up     I deleted quicktime completely from my system and everything else works perfect.   In my situation quicktime was just not compatible with it.   I have used quicktime for a long time and never had a problem but something changed.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 05:43:16 pm »
I would a do a clean windows 10 install.

SMF

Teknoromi