Author Topic: Excalibur Set Screws Positions  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Excalibur Set Screws Positions
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:18:32 am »
I need help on where to set the blade holder set screws on the Excalibur. Mine must have moved and I do not know the position they should be. Should they be flush with the inside wall of blade holder or extend inside a little? Also, how do you get top and bottom to align perpendicular?

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Excalibur Set Screws Positions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:22:00 am »
Hey Tony, The set screw should protrude just a little inside the blade clamp. You do want both the upper and lower to be the same. Use a scrap of wood or a set of automotive feeler gauges to set both the same. It really does not matter exactly how much they protrude, just that they are both the same. Before you set them, apply a dab of blue loctite to the screw so it will not move again. Do not use red loctite as it will never come out!
Dan In Southern California

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:26:37 am »
Hey Tony, I center the set screw on my EX.  I just eyeball it.  Make a test cut and make sure it is cutting square.  I don't use locktite on my saw and the set screws rarely need adjusting.  There is a little anvil on the end of the EX set screws that does wear out and need replaced periodically - that is why I don't locktite mine in.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:50:56 am »
The blue loctite will allow you you to remove the set screw, but will keep it snug so it wont move by itself. Just a little insurance!
Dan In Southern California

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:18:10 pm »
What I do on the thumbscrew is count how many turns then turn in the setscrew up to the tumbscrew.

I find this better then the auto gauge feeler.

SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

stipes

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »
Hi Tony. I'm a machinist, so bear with me on this, I take a dial indicator with a stand and check mine, blade clamped and tension set, and I know thats kinda hardcore. I set my bottom set screw by eye out from flush about .015 thousands and true my top to the bottom as close as I can get with my dial indicator. Brother I been gettin some good cuts with my ex-21.

SMF

Teknoromi