Author Topic: Delta 28-203 bandsaw 350 bucks  (Read 5744 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Delta 28-203 bandsaw 350 bucks
« on: February 07, 2014, 01:25:55 am »
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/tls/4306811621.html

Been watching this one he has been on there for a couple weeks, did a google search and reviews were kinda split, most swore by it said for its time its the best for a decent saw, most hated it, too much vibration, parts were cheap, they did say there is a carter bearing kits to put on it, will help alot, plus it does take a 6 inch riser block and think they said jet riser will fit. I wonder what I could get him down too, if its worth it, or sit it out see if he drops the price some more. I am not in a hurry to get one but this one caught my eye.

I watched a video on the grizzly BS and liked there g0555 model he turned it on and it was smooth and quiet, but at a hefty price tag then add in freight shipping. I have a BS on my next on my tool list to buy but trying to hold out to by one used if I can find a good deal. Lowes has the porter cable but it had more bad reviews than good.

Offline tas2181

• View Profile
Re: Delta 28-203 bandsaw 350 bucks
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:08:28 am »
Don't see a fence with it. If it has just been sitting it probably would need new tires. Add Carter bearings to the price and a riser and new blades. That together would set you back probably another $200- 250, putting you up to almost the price of the Grizzly. It says OBO, I wouldn't give more than $100-200 for it.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:42:26 am »
If you like this one, send him an email.  Tell him you are interested, but only if you can get a really good deal because to set it up like you would want you would have to invest in new tires, Carter guides, a fence and a riser.  All of those add up to almost what he wants for the saw.  In order for it to fit your needs price wise you could not go over about $225.  You are only being honest, and if he isn't interested, you didn't hold a gun to his head.  I have dealt many times for used equipment this way and if often works our great!  If he holds to his price, you aren't any worse off.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 11:17:56 am »
Sounds like having a band saw is alot money invested in it, and takes alot of time as well. Maybe I should hold off till I can get a new one, that way I know its in good shape and ready for the price.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:02:02 pm »
Like most tools, you can get by with cheap, or if you can afford it you can have the consistent results you get from a better tool.  I used an ancient Sprunger bandsaw built in the 40's for years before I broke the yoke and gave it to a non=profit using the same model.  I got my Jet used and after a period of time added many upgrades and options.  IMO Carter makes several bandsaw accessories that really improve the performance of a bandsaw.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 07:41:08 pm »
Yea I can get the HF one for 359 but can also get a craftsman which getting parts owuld be easier for 404. Most say the HF is a good saw with upgrades but by the time you spend the green on the upgrades you can buy a good name brand saw. Guess for this tool will take my time and wait the right deal will come along.

SMF

Teknoromi