Author Topic: Gray shading on Steve's patterns  (Read 1446 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Gray shading on Steve's patterns
« on: February 03, 2014, 01:55:22 pm »
How do you get that gray shading on his patterns is it the color change, when I make mine I use black, but of course it makes hard to follow the line with a black blade and uses alot of ink to print.

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Gray shading on Steve's patterns
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 01:51:17 am »
I'm not sure if I am understanding your question correctly but, when you make
your patterns, what-ever program you are using should have an option for
the color you use.
If you are printing Steve's patterns, they should automatically print out in the
color he has used provided you do not make any changes to the print settings.
Good luck and God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:43:29 am »
Dirtrider
Import the pattern into inkscape and then "trace the bitmap"
now drag the top image across to the left, so that you can see both.
with the image still selected click red on the colour bar along the bottom of the screen, if the image turns red then it is the bitmap, if not delete that image and select the other, and do the same.
You should now have a completely red image
Now in the bottom left corner of the screen you will see two boxes "fill" and "stroke", right click on the fill and select white. your image has now disappeared,
now right click on "stroke" and select "last set colour" your image will re-appear with just a black background.
Now again right click on "stroke and select "edit stroke", then from the box that comes up you can play around with the colours to get a deep red.
if you want to now put in the "light colouring", again right click on "fill and then select "edit fill" this will then bring up a box and you can play around with the colour of your choice.
or as I do just leave it as a red outline thus saving ink

hope that helps

Dave
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:04:49 pm by daveo »

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:14 am »
ok thanks can the same be done in gimp as well, or just choosing a lighter color or even light shade of black?

Offline Tomsunnu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:23 am »
How do you get that gray shading on his patterns is it the color change, when I make mine I use black, but of course it makes hard to follow the line with a black blade and uses alot of ink to print.

Steve ,does it in corel draw(I think!) It is my personal opinion that red borders are very easy to follow 'left click white and right Click on red (the border) this way you can save on the ink with just outline of red- I am sure this works in Inkscape as well -never tried though. I hope I have explained it properly.
Mahendra
mahendra

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 06:31:05 pm »
Ok will give this a try changing the color see what happens or at least maybe getting lighter shade of black or something, when cutting steve's patterns his lines are easy to follow.

SMF

Teknoromi