Author Topic: I hate waiting  (Read 1984 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
I hate waiting
« on: January 01, 2014, 10:03:07 pm »
Put my order in for my EX on the 30th, I got a email saying ups has a label created, just waiting for them to pick it up and put on a truck. I am excited and waiting makes it worse knowing what I have coming to me. I want it to hurry but now its cold, have a big front moving into our state so guess will have to wait as I think I need more propane in my tank for heater in the garage before I can work. Still haven't convinced the wife to let me put the saw inside.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: I hate waiting
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:15 pm »
Patience, grasshopper.  ;)   Good things come to those who wait!

(Congratulations on your purchase!)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:54 pm »
Patience, grasshopper.  ;) 

Sheila

Thats one thing I don't have lol, since I know I am getting a good saw and was in middle of making something and have other stuff want to do and I can't. Plus scrolling helps me relax, as my nerves have been on edge, from previous happenings in my past being I suffer from depression and the anxiety that goes with it. I am sure it will be here before I know it, just hope somebody is here to sign for it, guess will take that day off work, he he he :)

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 10:14:58 pm »
Well, hopefully it will come soon!  Get everything ready for it and do some 'busy work' around the shop to get your mind off of it.  I am not good at waiting either, but I try to get refocused on something else and the time goes by faster.

I was ordering something from S. Africa (silk ribbon - long story!) and I placed the order Dec 26.  They are on break and won't be in the office until Jan 8 - another WEEK away!  Then it has to ship here to Canada. I am sure I won't see it until the end of January.  (SIGH!!) So I am going to try to forget it and do other things and I will be surprised when it shows up.

When it does finally get here, I am sure I will be THRILLED! :) 

You will have your saw Loooooonnnnngggg before that! ;) 

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:22:50 pm »
Children, the wait is half the fun. Imagine the fun you are going to have with your new toys. Take it from an old pro. Have a great New Years. ;D

What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:33:24 pm »
Yea I need to put my old saw back together what I can, get it removed from its stand and clean up the space, hoping my stand top is big enough for the ex if not well will be building a bigger top I guess. I need to clean up out there anyway but its been so cold, and I have to really push myself to get up to do something but hope that changes with this new saw since it will be a Cadillac compared to what I had. I can't imagine waiting a month for ribbon thats crazy.

Wait is not half the fun, its what takes the fun out of it, getting the box and opening, now thats the fun! I did buy a new gas grill yesterday to replace my old and used it last night its nice cooked good too, tying to take my mind other place till saw arrives but now tonight I sit here waiting, but am going through steve's patterns looking for stuff.

I want to make my boss something, he use to be a OTR driver, now owns a dump truck company that I work at, he has a Harley but thats copyrighted, loves his crown royal drink. I have time to keep busy looking stuff up, hopefully that will pass time, will find out tomorrow hopefully when they get it on truck when it will be here.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 01:50:37 am »
If you stop thinking about it it will arrive quicker.  LOL  I know easier said than done.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 07:35:06 pm »
WOOHOO its on the truck and will be here by end of day tomorrow, just in time for the weekend just hope somebody here to sign for it.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 04:21:15 am »
You're gonna love the new saw
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 10:24:39 am »
They say "waiting is half the fun"   BS!!!!  I was born without a patient bone in my body so I am feeling for you.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 06:22:33 pm »
Well shoot its been pushed till monday, dang it.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »
Well put the old saw back together and put it in the shed, cleaned up my stand, burned my scrap wood and swept up the floor of all the dust that was around, now to keep waiting till monday hope it comes quick.

SMF

Teknoromi