Author Topic: Dewalt 774 problems  (Read 1915 times)

Offline stett14

• View Profile
Dewalt 774 problems
« on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:07 am »
I have a 5 yr old Dewalt 774 type 2 scroll saw and have just love it.  Have not had any problems until yesterday.  It will not turn on. I have taped on the motor, checked the overload fuse, cleaned up the on-off switch with air hose and nothing.  Tried plugging into different outlets and so on but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

God bless
Stett14

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Dewalt 774 problems
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:33:07 am »
It is probably the switch. You remove the top housing and you can easily replace it for about $10.  It is known to just go on these saws (mine did a couple of times, and I keep a spare just in case!)  OR - it may be a loose connection (not as likely, but it happens!)  Remove the upper arm housing near the switch and check that out. That has been known to work as well.

Let us know. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:02:06 am »
The same thing just happened to me.  I took the switch cover off, unplugged the switch, blew it all out and replugged it and it works fine.  Did put some clear plastic over the switch and tape it down to hopefully keep the dust out of the switch.

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:30:09 pm »
Have had packing tape over the switch for maybe 10 years. Probably replaced a time or two. Never had a problem. And do make my share of sawdust! ;D
Pat B

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:11:06 pm »
I have a 5 yr old Dewalt 774 type 2 scroll saw and have just love it.  Have not had any problems until yesterday.  It will not turn on. I have taped on the motor, checked the overload fuse, cleaned up the on-off switch with air hose and nothing.  Tried plugging into different outlets and so on but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

God bless
Stett14

I just want to point something out  you don't have a dewalt 774  it is a dw788.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi