Author Topic: Brrrrr  (Read 1636 times)

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
Brrrrr
« on: January 01, 2013, 12:25:00 pm »
Started several new projects on Friday in my unheated garage.   Cut my blanks, sprayed my patterns with the glue I had  warming in the house.  That was enough for that session.
Saturday I drilled holes and prep'd all my peices.   My feet were feeling like icecubes.
Sunday I actually cut one of the  projects until I felt my core temp dropping. Stayed indoors
all day  yesterday and  today it is a balmy 10-15 degrees with the high of 25 today. Brrr....

Happy New Year everybody.  Stay warm, Stay safe and happy scroll'n!!

Jim. . .
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Brrrrr
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 01:20:09 pm »
My garage is the same way but I am in a old house the garage is not the one that has  roll up door, it has two panels that open up, and they are not sealed good has big open gaps, I have tarp to block the wind but still gets cold, I use two work lights on stands that helps keep my head and hands warm. When I get too cold I call it down for a while too.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:22:25 pm »
Sounds like it's time to invest in a small heater for the garage/workshop, I have a small fan heater in my 16' x 10' shed, I put it on then go make a coffee , when I return it's lovely and warm in the shed.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

ShadowB6

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 03:56:49 pm »
About 10 years ago I built a 2 story shed (12x24) and that was one of my priority items. That the bottom floor be insulated and heated. I use a small gas furnace and it normally costs me about $100 a winter to heat. Mind you I only fire up the furnace when I'm out there which is 3 to 4 times a week in the winter.

Mike

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 05:10:36 am »
We are in for a heat wave over the next week. About 36c tomorrow, 40c on Friday and low to mid 30c's for the following week.  Sorry guys I will thinks about you while I am sweating in my garage or cooling down in my air conditioned house.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

king310

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 07:04:28 am »
I walk out to my garage and turn the temp up to 65 degrees. I purchased a electric furnace for $75 about 20 years ago. It came out of an old mobile home. The walk from the house to the shop is cold....... ;D I am looking to put an AC unit this coming summer maybe ;D

old wormy

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:28:22 am »
It was so cold here this morning I saw a guy trying to chip his dog loose from a fire hydrant.

ToverT

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 07:51:52 pm »
It was so cold here that this morning I saw a layer standing on the corner with his hands in his own pocket!  No offense you lawyers out there!  LOL

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »
It's so cold here that the cold is looking for some place to warm up.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

ShadowB6

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 09:43:39 am »
While driving my car home from work last night, my dashboard thermometer said it was minus 27 degrees Celsius. (-18 Fahrenheit) You know it's cold out when the snow has a loud crunching sound under your boots. I didn't even venture out to the workshop, it was that cold. My wife thought I was sick.  :-[

IBMer

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 06:23:40 pm »
Sounds like time to buy a BIG heater ;-)

SMF

Teknoromi