Author Topic: DeWalt 788 plus a Foot Switch  (Read 1624 times)

Offline budprine

• View Profile
DeWalt 788 plus a Foot Switch
« on: May 29, 2010, 02:36:38 pm »
After reading a number of posts I concluded the first thing to go on the DeWalt 788 must be the switch.  For those that have had to replace the switch I have a question:
I use a foot switch and leave the main switch on all the time.  Wouldn't that tend to "save" the switch or is something else causing the switch failures? (Dust, Vibration ??? other things)
A second question would be am I doing something improper by relying on the foot switch for on-off operation.
best regards,

Bud Prine

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: DeWalt 788 plus a Foot Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 02:38:59 pm »
I do as you do Bud.  I have my switch covered in clear tape to keep the dust out.  It is left on all the time and I use the foot switch.  Been doing it for about 9 years and nothing bad has happened to my yeller saw.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline budprine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 02:44:30 pm »
Why do I like this site, because good ideas keep coming at me.  I'm headed for the shop to put the tape over the switch.  Thanks.
best regards,

Bud Prine

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:02:40 pm »
Hey guys! I took real good care of my new switch!
I went to the craft store and got a roll of YELLOW vinyl tape and made racing stripes to cover mine!!!

Don't know how long it will stay on but looks neat and when I get a minute that I am not 'cutting' I will take a picture!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 06:41:34 pm »
Racing Stripes!! Now I think my 788 looks dowdy.
Pat B

SMF

Teknoromi