Author Topic: Angle  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Shufflex

• View Profile
Angle
« on: October 25, 2017, 01:58:59 pm »
Hi,
Sorry I have another question that may seem daft.
I there any reasons why the scroll saw beds/plate are in a horizontal position, I would of thought if the machine was raised at the back to give a sloping bed it would be a lot easier to follow the patterns. There is probably a glaring obvious answer as to why it is not sloped but for the life of me I can't think what it is.

Gary
Asking for help is not a weakness

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Angle
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »
Gary it really is a matter of preference.  It does for some folks make it easier to see the item you are cutting, especially when sitting.  if you cut standing up it does not do much for you.  Personally I have my raised in the back so that it tilts a bit toward me, it helps me see where I am cutting better.  With the table sloped there is one issue... the work will tend to slide toward you, on a table that has no slope on it the work remains in position and you do not have to hold it while cutting.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline txpitmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:10:31 am »
I might be misunderstanding the question, but if the table is slopped it will be at an angle in relation to the blade (ie not square) but many people do raise the back legs so the entire saw is at a slight angle (blade remaining square to the table) to make it easier to see.

Offline Bill Wilson

• View Profile
    • Blazin' Blades Scrollers of Western PA
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 01:37:49 pm »
Several manufacturers of saws also offer stands for them.  Most of the time, these stands are designed to be able to tilt the saw forward to varying degrees, by adjusting the height of the legs. 
Nobody ever worked so hard that milk squirted out of their nose.

SMF

Teknoromi