Author Topic: Dipping & Spraying  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Jim-78028

• View Profile
Dipping & Spraying
« on: March 16, 2016, 08:51:18 am »
Not much I can contribute being so new to this, but I threw this together and thought I would share it.  The full project and the downloadable grid pdf is at
http://www.onsale-apparel.com/Scrolling/gimmick.html

Jim

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
Re: Dipping & Spraying
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »
Great tips Jim. I used a very similar method for spraying and included a vacuum cleaner at the back of the box to suck the fumes and overspray away.

Cheers mate.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline Jim-78028

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:08:47 am »
Dave, I thought about that and about adding a 60W light to speed drying and/or raise the ambient temp if needed.

Curious, do you use a paper filter (surgical mask, etc) on the inlet side of the vacuum hose?  I was wondering about the residue building up in the hose and/or making its way into the vacuum filter.

Jim

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 07:09:23 am »
Dave, I thought about that and about adding a 60W light to speed drying and/or raise the ambient temp if needed.

Curious, do you use a paper filter (surgical mask, etc) on the inlet side of the vacuum hose? I was wondering about the residue building up in the hose and/or making its way into the vacuum filter.

Jim

I thought about both of those methods and finally arrived at using a coffee filter and it works really well. It catches all of the overspray and doesn't overload the vacuum too much.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline Jim-78028

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 08:07:14 am »
I should have mentioned coffee filter, I use that when pour the stain back in the can from the dipping tray.
Thanks
Jim

SMF

Teknoromi