Author Topic: Gotta love Craigs List  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Jim-78028

• View Profile
Gotta love Craigs List
« on: March 11, 2016, 05:47:33 pm »
Craigs List San Antonio

Excalibur 21 with stand, $525, 2 years old

Drove over an hour there and back in this fricken rain storm to get it, but get it I did.

You folks that live in cities, sheez, what do you do release the inmates during rain storms and turn them loose in cars?

Now all I have to do figure it out and get used to it.

Yee Haw as we say here.

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: Gotta love Craigs List
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:35:53 am »
Congrats on the new saw and navigating San Antonio in a storm.  It will be worth the drive.

Offline mamell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 01:24:04 pm »
Having lived in Texas for over 10 years in Dallas I can tell you that stupid drivers grow on trees there and it's harvest season year round..
I got my saw on CL as well though it was just a dremel, but the price was right.. Congratulations..

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »
Nice deal as new with stand a ex 21 runs about a grand.

Drive a semi or dump truck the stupid drivers really show up.

Offline Jim-78028

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:14:33 pm »
Thanks all.

I was amazed at the ultimate stupidity of the drivers in a hard driving rain storm.  Maybe they felt that sliding from one lane to another was faster or something, and I guess hydroplaning saves on the tire tread.

I lived in Dallas for awhile, I lived in El Paso for a long while, and I've never seen anything like this.  Not even overseas, on either side of the pond.

Offline mamell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 01:33:14 pm »
The Dallas area does seem to breed bad drivers who regularly go off the road to avoid having to wait for the traffic ahead of them to move. They'll drive on the grass or whatever is there to get to the access road. I saw one guy try to drive across the railroad tracks just so he didn't have to wait the extra minute and of course he got stuck there. I guess lucky for him there wasn't a train coming..  Although Dallas doesn't have a monopoly on bad drivers they do seem to have more than their fair share of them.
Try to stay safe out there. Getting where you're trying to get to in one piece is more important than that extra minute of waiting in traffic..

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »
Having lived in Texas for over 10 years in Dallas I can tell you that stupid drivers grow on trees there and it's harvest season year round..
I got my saw on CL as well though it was just a dremel, but the price was right.. Congratulations..

To all of you that think stupid drivers originate in Texas, take a look at this video to actually see where they were born. You do not need to speak Russian to understand how atrocious the driving is in their country. They have stated that since the use of Dash Cameras in Russia, that the driving skills have improved. All I can say is, if they have improved, what the hell were they like before the dash cameras!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u13cDmKpo-4

Have fun watching.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

SMF

Teknoromi