Author Topic: replacement knobs  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
replacement knobs
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:31:27 am »
Just watched the video about the new knobs for the saw.  I have similar knobs from Seyco that are about the same price and they do not fit over the old knob but replace it with no modification.  So far they work great.

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
Re: replacement knobs
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 02:02:21 pm »
I also have the replacement knobs from Seyco, but don't use them.  To me, they're harder on my hands than the originals.  With no "wings" to push on, you just have to kind of squeeze to turn them, which hurts my hands.  Oh well, $30 gone, and another gadget to add to my collection of things that don't work as well as I thought they would.
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 04:29:18 pm »
Nancy,

If you haven't seen it take a look at Steve's adapter for the Dewalt saw thumb screws.

http://www.stevedgood.com/catalog/index.php  -- type in:   DeWalt Upgrade

I have used this before, but I backed off because you can over tighten very easy with it!

Karl

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:09:35 pm »
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the heads-up on this.  Think I did see it quite some time ago, but haven't tried it.  At least it won't cost $30 to try!

Nancy
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline Northerner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 08:53:41 pm »
why not make your own knobs instead of buying? i made a couple of the flower petal type knobs that can be glued onto the factory blade type knob but they were a bit big in diameter and i would sometimes hit my knuckles on it so i ended up making it removable and then mounted a couple small magnets to it so i would stick it under the table so when i needed to change blades i would just grab it, put it over the factory knob, change blades, tighten it back up... carefully and stick it back under the table.

works slick and super simple. i will try to post some pics this weekend but im sure you have solved the problem since you posted a few months ago but this will be for new members looking.
I love the smell of sawdust in the morning!

Offline OPi

• View Profile
    • Mahogany and Birch
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 03:07:43 pm »
Northerner
I like your idea of removable - I just need something to loosen the knob, not to tighten and removable fits that need.
I didn't see a photo of your device. Is one available?
Turning itty-bitty lines into sawdust. There is a fine line between aweSOME and aweFUL (this is especially true when using a scrollsaw).

cowboysfanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 07:58:42 pm »
When I got my 788 I was having trouble with the knobs hurting my fingers also. Then I just started not tightening so hard and I haven't had sore fingers since.  Granted I don't have arthritis n my hands but I could c where if u did they would hurt. I think I was just over tightening now that I'm use to it no problem.

SMF

Teknoromi