Author Topic: big projects  (Read 1200 times)

tux_linux

big projects
« on: April 22, 2011, 03:06:21 pm »
Hey!

I have not shown some stuff for a long time - you know I have been busy moving.

Because of that I had to do some big projects:

A kitchen (IKEA Faktum) not really finished yet, some details are still missing. Also are the cabinets mounted to the walls not on those pictures (second picture above the left picture corner...). It has an oven with pyrolyse cleaning (cleans itself with heat) and for the cooking a induction hob. All cabinets have those "self closing & silent" drawers - and all cabinets are drawer equipped. So it's pretty much up to date. Took me 2 days to set up that kitchen (including fetching the countertop and stuff like that).

And this will be the place, where the "magic" will happen:

You can already see my wood storage rack and the saw next to a table, where I will hopefully get to do the finish of my projects.

I need to buy a countertop for my work bench tomorrow. It will be 80cm (nearly 3ft) deep this time! That's something I'm looking forward to.
And I will divide the room with a wall - the basement room is 40m? (~48yd?), which is much to much free space for me. So my wife gets some storage area too.

It will be another 2-3weeks until I get back to the saw - but I'm already getting closer to it  :D

regards
Torsten

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: big projects
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 03:13:02 pm »
I like the kitchen, looks nice.
It must help knowing you have a place to work, even if you don't have time.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »
Looks like you are starting to get organized and you can see your saw at least :)  It will all come together and suddenly you will have both access and time to use your saw again.  I like the kitchen.  Thanks for showing us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

marmoh

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 11:11:40 pm »
You'll have to update us when finished.  The kitchen looks great and I sure wish I had as much room for a shop.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:54:10 am »
Looks great, Torsten!  Nice Kitchen.  The workshop looks like you will have plenty of room to spread out.  Keep us updated.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 07:52:44 am »
I would say you have been busy in the kitchen.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:20 am »
Excellent cuisine.
I wish I had your talent

tux_linux

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 11:31:07 am »
well, thanks!

It's not that hard to build a IKEA kitchen. But it's not my first one, I have set up several of them in the past. Most complicate part is always the countertop and the several cut outs. But that's also no magic - just some experience.

I bought today a countertop for my work bench - 22mm OSB-Board (chipboard?) doubled to give it a 44mm thick bench (1 3/4"). That's a solid and heavy base.

regards
Torsten

bluesuede

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 11:51:05 am »
Moving is almost always a nerve racking experience. The joy of sitting back and taking pride in what you have re-established as home is priceless. Of course this doesn't happen all by itself but you are doing a great job, hang in there, can't wait to see the shop...

Bruce ;D

Offline lwilli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 09:59:45 pm »
Wow, the place is awesome! Your talent shows both in and out of the shop. Thanks for including us in your move.

Louis

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 10:13:51 pm »
looking good you been busy.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

SMF

Teknoromi