Author Topic: Low Battery  (Read 1726 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Low Battery
« on: May 05, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »
I have a HP laptop running Vista. It used to give me a pop up warning when the battery had about 15% left. It doesn't do it anymore. Any suggestions? Yes there is a battery life indicator in bottom task bar, but I don't look at it enough. I sure hate when the computer shuts off while I'm in the middle of something!
Dan In Southern California

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Low Battery
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:56:08 am »
Don't have a laptop but what comes to mind is that there might be a setting somewhere to turn off the low battery warning, possibly under power management.

Best of luck with it.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:28:30 am »
You should be able to right click on the battery life icon and check the settings.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

J,Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:05:02 pm »
My spouse had the same problem with her HP a few months ago.

Does the battery still accept a full charge when you plug it in? If not, you may have a problem with the inboard power supply where you plug in the power source not allowing the full charge to the battery.

If this is not the problem, you should be able to go into the control panel and go into "All Control Panel Items". Then click on the notifications and reset the battery notification.

Hope this helps.

tux_linux

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 05:31:28 am »
First check if the battery icon is just hidden. There is a small dart aside of the clock and those fancy little icons - the battery might be behind that.

Otherwise the big solution:
You need to see the "Mobile options" in the control panel:

Tutorial on how to make proper battery settings in MS Vista

The battery indicator should appear again, it's a operating system thingy that can even be activated on cord powered PCs.

SMF

Teknoromi