Author Topic: Computer Blue Screen  (Read 2040 times)

boxmaker

Computer Blue Screen
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:30:27 pm »
Hi, I have been having trouble with my computer lately. When I booted it up after it was in sleep mode. I got a blue screen ( windows has encountered a fatal error) or something like that. I eventually got it started in normal mode. Then I got a critical message update that Adobe flash player was not working properly. So I updated to the latest flash player. It seems to be stable now, I run McAfee suite and keep it updated. Could Adobe Flash Player have caused this??

Mark

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Computer Blue Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »
Hey Mark, I'm not sure what happened but This is the time to make sure you have backed up your hard drive!
Dan In Southern California

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 12:51:43 am »
not sure if thats the trouble but i know from experience that blue screen is called "the blue screen of death" for good reason!!!

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 01:39:33 am »
Blue screen due to Adobe Flash Player...

hmm, only if the Flash Player was still active when the machine was sleeping/ waking up again. This might happen once but should not happen more often.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:12:35 am »
Well hope you have backed up data....

Shut it down, re-start and see where that takes you.

If it heals itself...lucky you.....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

boxmaker

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 09:45:05 am »
Good advice, I keep all of my patterns on an external drive, and various flash drives. I think I will go make sure all of my patterns are on my backup drive. Thanks, so far so good the computer woke up this morning fine.

Mark

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 01:55:10 pm »
That exact same thing happened to me. I now NEVER leave the internet browser on and have it go to sleep. I always close my browser.... no problem since. This happened about 3 months ago... I also have McAffe.
GO PACK GO

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 01:30:22 pm »
Good advice, I keep all of my patterns on an external drive, and various flash drives. I think I will go make sure all of my patterns are on my backup drive. Thanks, so far so good the computer woke up this morning fine.

Mark

No There is somthing wrong with your hardware or a bad driver could cause the BSOD.
I would go and download this software and run it it well tell you which driver or hardware it is.
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed click on products then whocrashed and download it and run it this well read the the min dumpfiles.  Post back what you have found out by using this software and yes it is 100% free.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi