Author Topic: Inkscape download  (Read 3618 times)

agooday88

Inkscape download
« on: May 01, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »
I want to download Inkscape. I have tried so many downloads and they all want me to download other software with the installation. Can someone please give me the URL for a safe Inkscape? thank you.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Inkscape download
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 07:15:33 pm »
Here is there download page...   https://inkscape.org/en/download/
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

agooday88

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 07:35:03 pm »
YOUR THE BEST RUSS!  THANK YOU  ;D

agooday88

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:57:57 pm »
I have been watching some Inkscape videos. I noticed on their videos that their tools are in a different place then on mine. They have 2 rows of tools on the top and I have 1.  Is there any way to change the way the  tools are viewed on the screen? It would make it easier to follow the instructions on the video if my tools were in the same place as theirs.  Thanks

Offline JohnRB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:48:22 am »
Hi

Open Inkscape, then click on the View option at the top, the click on the Show/Hide option, then make sure there is a tick against all the options, this is how I use it.

Cheers

John

agooday88

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 10:04:23 pm »
Thank you John!!  Ok now... I have been practicing Inkscape for 3 days now and I am getting better each day. But I have another question. I was watching a video and he mentioned that I could go to dafond.com and get more fonts.
  I went there, clicked on download, but I cant get it from my Download file to Inkscape. Can anyone help me with that last step? I saw so many wonderful fonts that I would love to use. Thank you all.

Offline loftyhermes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 04:53:40 am »
agooday, you need to put the font in the windows font folder and then all the programs you use will see it.
Outside a dog a scrollsaw is a mans best friend, inside a dog it's too dark to cut.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 06:14:36 am »
Thank you John!!  Ok now... I have been practicing Inkscape for 3 days now and I am getting better each day. But I have another question. I was watching a video and he mentioned that I could go to dafond.com and get more fonts.
  I went there, clicked on download, but I cant get it from my Download file to Inkscape. Can anyone help me with that last step? I saw so many wonderful fonts that I would love to use. Thank you all.

go to were the font has downloaded to click on the font .ttf or ,otf  etcand a box will open showing the font usually saying " the quick brown fox"
at the top left of that box click on install and your font will be available in all programs

Dave

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 09:46:39 am »

Right click on the font you wish to add, a menu will pop up and one of the choices will be to install it.  Do that and you will have your font available. 

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

agooday88

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 07:36:33 pm »
I have done all your suggestions. I still cant download any font. WHen I save it, it saves as a TTF file. I cant get it to save as any other file. It sounds so easy when you all explain it but when I do it is another thing. I am so frustrated with this!!! I don't see a font file anywyere. WHen I save the file it saves as......... ( inkscape icon )  then... the name of the font.... then TTF.... then 31kb.  Then when I try to open it or save it, it gives me an error message that it cant be done. I have been googling this for 3 days now. All I want is a nice Script font and I am going through hours of headaches. Maybe I am just stuck with the ones on Inkscape and I should give up. :(

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 10:48:25 pm »
You mentioned TFF files, I believe these are True Type Fonts.  Usually they come as zip files but as you call them TFF files, I assume they are unzipped. This http://www.fonts.com/support/faq/install-truetype-fonts-windows-7 will help you install the files - scroll down towards the bottom for a step by step.

These instructions [urlhttp://www.dafont.com/faq.php[/url] from dafont might also help.

Good luck,
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

agooday88

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 11:27:15 pm »
I did all of it.. and when it came to the file being called Purchased file.. It wasn't called that. It still is saving with an Inkscape icon and if I click on it to open it,  I get a error message.. Failed to load the requested file. 
 That is where I get stuck. 
 I am downloading from dafont.com

SMF

Teknoromi