Author Topic: email on the forum  (Read 1505 times)

rob roy

email on the forum
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:56:57 am »
When I click on the small email envelope I get "server error" come up. Also if  I try that particular member's email address in the profile I get the same message, which is, "Google apps- server error.
Sorry you've reached a login for a domain that isn't using google apps, please check the web address and try again". Is it me doing something wrong, or can one of our clever computer experts help out. Thank you in advance. Computers don't like me LOL.
Rob Roy

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Re: email on the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:06:45 am »
seems to be working here.if your still having the same trouble try and update your web browser

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

rob roy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:48:51 am »
I'll give it a go Newfie and see what happens. Cheers.
Rob Roy.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 09:47:57 am »
I did not notice that button.

I have my email check not to show to public but still there.  Is there any way to hide??

Don

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:29 am »
Rob Roy
Its all in the settings that google are forever changing, if I click on the envelope it takes me to microsoft mail, of which is not active on my computer. A way round it is to go to the member profile, right click on the e mail address and copy, then go to your e mail client and paste to the recipient bar.

Whilst on the subject I aren't sure that e mail addresses should be able to be viewed, since joining this forum I have had a barrage of spam mail from all over the world, on other forums I use if you want to email another member then you first send a PM and request the address, that way the info is not freely available to the whole world
what do others think?
Dave

rob roy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 06:32:03 am »
Hi Todd and  Dave,thank you for your suggestions. Simpler just to write them down ;D ;D ;D. Ill transfer them to my contacts list. My email address is on my profile and I must admit Dave, I've never had any problems. As for Google we hear folks saying no one owns the internet, but I think Google is getting close :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o. Thanks again guys.
Rob Roy.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 10:25:55 am »
Everybody should check the "Bulletins & News" section at the very top of the forum for Steve's post on this matter...
There is a glitch in the overall system and he is working on it.
If you want to email a member you will, for the time being, have to send them a PM and ask for thier email address...

Steve in his usual manner is doing what he can to make life easy for us and protect our privacy!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

rob roy

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:06:08 pm »
Hi G B, Thank you for that information.
Rob Roy.

SMF

Teknoromi