Author Topic: Having to RESTART my PC.... ?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Having to RESTART my PC.... ?
« on: January 21, 2013, 06:47:37 am »
This past week been experiencing this problem....  Double clicking on icon for my
Home Page.  The lil arrow plus hour glass pops up and goes away.  The Home Page
does not come up.  I decided to just RESTART the PC and afterwards all worked right.

I have been having to go thru this routine several times lately....

Is there a cure for this?

Thanks in Advance....  Danny  :+(
Danny  :+}

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: Having to RESTART my PC.... ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40:13 am »
When was the last time you ran a cleaner?  Possible you have a bunch of temp files clogging your system.  I www.C.Cleaner.com and it clean a lot of the garage off the hard drive.
ChelCass

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:06:59 pm »
I DO HAVE Ccleaner installed at present.  Its supposed to run a Scan every day.
Might just need to bring it up and check things out.  Will let yas know....  Danny  :+}

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:20:34 pm »
Danny   I have problems with my computer from time to time and I always get the same answer ( from my wife)   Donate that dinasour to the boat rental for an anchor and get yourself in to the 21st century.  As ;png as it does what I want it to I'm keeping it!  I have no answers for your problem tho.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 01:02:28 pm »
Hey Billy....That was a Funny....Hehe....  This PC is only almost a year old.  I
really feel some of my problems have been O.T., but I am learning.  Danny  :+}

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »
As well as cleaning the temp files and such its good to defrag it as well, also its good to turn it off or restart it to clear out the temp memory too. Might also look into storeing your files and stuff on a flash drive to external hard drive to keep the HD in the PC less cluttered.

king310

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 06:47:22 pm »
Dan run the ccleaner every so often will help. You will need to scan and delete the temp file and the cookies. NO NEWFIE you do not need a glass of milk for the cookies to do this. ::) ;D
Then clean the registry files also. Before you do that make sure you have all of you login names and passwords written down. You will also notice that the pop-ups and the ads will stop also.
If you are having problems with your PC when it starts up and it seems to take forever you may want to turn off some of the program at startup. I have very little programs start when I boot up.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 08:06:04 am »
Hi King....  Was advised long ago to set up the PC in a Hibernation mode.  No being
a Whiz at my knowledge of the lingo all I can say is each morning I do have to push
the start button on the computer, but all happens real fast.  And when I can't open
the Home Page and I go thru the motions to Restart this only takes a minute or so.

I do have the  Ccleaner programed to run a Scan every day.  I checked the Accessories and system tools and I also have the Defrag. set up to do its thing every week. 

Didn't have any problems with having to restart yesterday.  Hey maybe all this is
cleared up.  Hope....  Thank Everyone for their input....  Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi