Author Topic: printer recommendation  (Read 1908 times)

Dean A

printer recommendation
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:56:14 pm »
Hello,

Looking to buy a new printer. I'm not real computer savy so my main concern is a printer that doesn't use a lot of ink. The one I own now seems to be an ink hog.

Any recommendations from you fellow scrollers ?

Thanks

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: printer recommendation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »
I like my inexpensive Kodak. Print, Scan and Copy with cheaper ink.  My son just bought a wireless one. Works great.
I'm from North Dakota

Dean A

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:02:33 am »
wireless eh?, Thats a nice feature. Thanks Judy, I'll start there with Kodak.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 08:57:19 am »
I have a HP Photosmart C4780 wireless that I use with my laptop and love it. It prints,copies. and scans and I think I paid only $65.00 for it.

Vonsarge

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 01:03:05 pm »
The new Kodak printers are pretty good and not too heavy on ink.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »
I have a HP Photosmart 7760.  It is about 3 years old.  I like it because it's ink cartridges are reasonably inexpensive on E-bay and my ink last a fairly long time depending on how may patterns I print.  Before I buy a printer I always check e-bay and amazon to see how expensive the ink cartridges are.  Of course I always go with the seller who offers free shipping.   ;)

Chelcass
ChelCass

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:41 pm »
I had both an Epson and Hp Inkjet printers. I don't print a lot so I had issues with the Ink heads drying up.

I bought a Brother laser that is network compatible.  The printer on cost $79 and the cartidges are only partially full but have lasted a long time.  I have only replaced the black and magenta in a year.  It is a big hit at the time but the cartidges when it happens but they will last for 5000 copies. 

The quality is great but it won't print on most photo paper.

I am happy.

Don

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 01:05:19 pm »
Hello,

Looking to buy a new printer. I'm not real computer savy so my main concern is a printer that doesn't use a lot of ink. The one I own now seems to be an ink hog.

Any recommendations from you fellow scrollers ?

Thanks

stay away from ink jet printers  MY recommendation is a  laser printer   this one works for me I know the toner cost is high but its worth it and last a long time  the brand I have is a cannan imageclass d420
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 05:10:54 am »
I have used the Kodak 5250 for a couple of years with pretty good luck. It is wireless also so I can print from my laptop. The cheapest ink I have found for it is at Target. I think the whole bankruptcy thing has affected the price as it has gone up a bit but still manageable.

SMF

Teknoromi