Author Topic: Adobe reader  (Read 1685 times)

Offline bettyswood

• View Profile
Adobe reader
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:21 pm »
Today when I try to download Steves puzzle, it looks like it is going to work but the download does not come in.  This is the first time I have not been able to get his downloads.  I did install Adobe Flash Player Active X this morning, could that be the problem?

Stravides

Re: Adobe reader
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:56 am »
What op system are you using ?
Windows 7, vista, mac ?

If you double click on a previous adobe pattern does it open ?  if not then you can either just download adobe acrobat reader again and it should repair the file association.

If it does then it could be your browser.
I can download the pdfs in explorer, chrome, firefox, opera and safari.  Have also downloaded using Dolphin on my mobile, so it looks like the links are ok.

To repair associations in your browser you need to put what browser you are using ;)

Offline bettyswood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »
I am using Windows 7.  I am able to open other Adobe files, just not this one.  Thought I would wait until Steves sends another download and hopefully the next one will work.  If not, I will need to do some checking and get it fixed.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 03:52:58 pm »
I am using Windows 7.  I am able to open other Adobe files, just not this one.  Thought I would wait until Steves sends another download and hopefully the next one will work.  If not, I will need to do some checking and get it fixed.

have you update adobe reader?  if so then you could have a virus on your computer that is block some of the pdf files from opeping up.

Try uninstalling adobe reader and then reinstall the newest adobe reader
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Stravides

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »

have you update adobe reader?  if so then you could have a virus on your computer that is block some of the pdf files from opeping up.

Try uninstalling adobe reader and then reinstall the newest adobe reader

Unlikely - more likely that the associations were snafu upon installing flash.  If was a virus this would then not allow pdfs to be opened from the desktop ;)

SMF

Teknoromi