Author Topic: Table alignment  (Read 1559 times)

Offline kruzer

• View Profile
Table alignment
« on: September 13, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »
I have a Dewalt 788. I've had it for a few months. I've been doing more signs then scrolling so not used much. I set the table to 0 then check the level. I placed it on a level surface before leveling it. At 0 it was fine. I noticed that the backside cuts are not the same as the front ones. Slightly thinner. I checked the table again and it hadn't moved. I tighten the blade and put a steel ruler on the table and against the blade much like you would do table saw. It was a hair off. Actually one line (whatever that is) from 0. I adjusted it and my cuts were better. I was wondering if was a common thing with Dewalt or just my table off.

Thanks

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
Re: Table alignment
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 10:40:23 pm »
I've had the same thing with 2 of my DeWalts and one of the Excaliburs, so not uncommon.   Another thing that can make your cuts different from top to bottom is feeding the wood too fast, and "pulling" around corners and curves, instead of pushing into the blade.  Both of those things will cause the cuts to be slightly beveled.   Both are also great ways to break blades or pull them out of the blade holders.  Sometimes this hobby takes patience!
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:45:43 am »
Nancy hit the nail on the head.  Just because you get it set correctly doesn't mean it will stay that way.  I keep an old credit card in the drawer under the saw so I can check it periodically.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:21:45 am »
I like Kepy's  answer. That is what I do too.
Quick, easy and a true 90 degrees. Can be used from and direction anytime. :)

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SMF

Teknoromi