Author Topic: blades  (Read 1314 times)

Len

blades
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:45:40 am »
My blade selection here in Newfoundland is limited, my local hardware store carries Pegas blades and I can order Olson blades.All the sites I visited recommend flying dutchmen blade but I cannot find a supplier any where near me. What do you think of the other blades I mentioned.   

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: blades
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:26:07 pm »
Hey Len, I have never used pegas blades, but lots of people do and like them. I use both Olsen and Flying Dutchman blades. If you would like to try the FD blades, contact Mike at www.mikesworkshop.com. He will set you up with the best blades around!
Dan In Southern California

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:53 pm »
I use olsen, I like them alot. I haven't tried either pegas or flying duchmen blades. One of the thing on my to-do list is try the FD blades.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »
I use FD from Mike, I import them to New-Zealand the postage is only 2.50-3.00 dollars (NZ$).
I have tried Pegas blades and they are good but only use the double tooth blades for the compound cutting.

***Merlin***

Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:31:41 pm »
hey Len i'm from Newfoundland as will. i've tried the blades at our local hardware store don't even carry the Pegas blades. all we got here verment blades which aren't very good at all. i ordered some FD blades from Mike and tried them out and i really like them money well spent if you ask me and the best part is you can mix and match the size in the same section and still get them for the 1/2 gross or full gross price!!

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:35:56 pm »
I tried the Olsen blades but found they blunt quickly and break easily and now use the FD blades from FD Mike, excellent service
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi