Author Topic: Hello from Boomerk  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Boomerk

• View Profile
Hello from Boomerk
« on: August 07, 2018, 02:26:44 pm »
Just a quick line to say hello to everyone here and thanks to Steve for making this all available.  I love this place.  I started out making a few toys a few years back, mostly with a band saw.  My old 16" Delta scroll saw just sat under the bench collecting dust until I need it to make a few inside cuts for a toy truck windshield, then windows on a toy paddle wheeler.  After I donated a few of my toys to a charity for fund raiser to build a church, I started looking at some scroll saw work donated by someone else and got interested.  My Delta has been replaced with a Seyco and I live on it.  I am retired, work with a group called Volunteer Christian Builders, and go to Mexico twice a year to do a month of missionary work.  I haven't sold anything yet as most of what I make goes out as gifts or donations.  That's about it for me.

Byron

PS.  I live in Texas
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:32:11 pm by Boomerk »

Offline eburk

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Boomerk
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:01:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum Bryan. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. If you have any questions do not be shy, lots of knowledgeable people on this board.
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:57:21 am »
Welcome to Steve's forum with a bounty off opportunities from GLC in Cypress, Texas.

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 12:21:21 pm »
Glad you found this group. Welcome!!

Al
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 11:20:16 am »
Welcome Byron! Glad to have a fellow Texan aboard! I live in Paris, Texas.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 10:01:49 am »
Welcome, I am Norm from Nipawin Saskatchewan. My wife and I visited your fine state of Texas a few years ago, Drove from home to Brownsville on to El Paso following along the Rio Grande, stayed a few days at Big Bend National Park. put just over 10,000 Km ( 6,000 miles) in about 6 weeks. Interesting, beautiful and so many very nice people. Got lost once winding up at the Dallas Fort Worth International airport, where we received the biggest belly laugh from the parking lot attendant when I explained our predicament.

SMF

Teknoromi