Author Topic: Hello From D-Tone  (Read 1284 times)

Offline D-Tone

• View Profile
Hello From D-Tone
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:25:55 pm »
Hello All,  I'm new to the forum and looking forward to being part of this community.  I recently retired and my coworkers all pitched in and bought me a really nice scroll saw so I would have something to do in retirement.  So far my scrolling ability does not live up the the quality of the saw, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it. 

D-Tone

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Hello From D-Tone
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:35:36 am »
Hello D-Tone welcome, enjoy retirement and a scroll saw. it is a good fit

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 11:33:33 am »
D-Tone I am sure you will enjoy this community and expand your knowledge from all who share so freely.  We, unfortunately, do not arrive on this Earth with all of the skill sets that we desire in latter life.  Most of us went down the roads and sidewalks with the training wheels on for quite a while.  Enjoy your scroll saw - It is a great tool and will bring you much pleasure.   GLC

Offline eburk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:52:45 am »
Welcome D-Tone. I have been recommending retirement to a number of people over the last 5 years (when I retired). You will be busier in retirement than you were while working, at least I find that to be the case.

GLC is correct, keep working with the scroll saw, you will find that practice does indeed improve your skills. It is the old question being brought to life for all of us - you know the question - the musician asked the cabby "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" The cabbie said "Practice, practice, practice."
Stayin' warm in the North country!

Offline Woodrush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 06:01:51 pm »
Welcome to the forum D tone . And welcome to a very addictive hobby.

SMF

Teknoromi