Author Topic: Delta scroll saw  (Read 737 times)

Offline jpaskell

• View Profile
Delta scroll saw
« on: January 01, 2022, 07:29:35 pm »
All,
I noticed that the Delta scroll saw price has jumped from about $380.00 to about $760.00 on both Amazon and Lowes.

Any idea what made them that more valuable than the Dewalt DW788  for $532.00?

Just wondering if anyone had any insight?

Thanks,

Jim

Offline rlkeeney1951

• View Profile
Re: Delta scroll saw
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 11:14:41 am »
Because they can.

I use software called the camelizer the track prices and notify me when they drop below a set level. Highly recommended.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B08MG39Z6K

Some of these things jump all over the place. I track one item that periodically drops the price for a few minutes and then raises the right back to the original price. This defeats the trackers unless the tracking is perfect and generates hits on the product page.
#odinstoyfactory

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 12:34:59 am »
Because "they" can indeed. $760 for the Delta is nothing short of obscene. I got the 40-694 just a year ago from the orange "doers do more" online store with shipping to my home. Fedex lost the first one (Oh Really? They lost it???) so ODDMS knocked the price down from $290 to $239 and sent me another one.

I love my scroll saw. As a real amateur at scrolling this baby helps me tremendously by just being easy to use, maintain and adjust. I built a nice heavy table for her and she repays me by not vibrating.

Did I mention that I love my scroll saw.

I would wait and see if the price comes back to earth.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 12:37:44 am by DanO »

Offline rlkeeney1951

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 08:45:48 am »
We tend to forget that the reason people sell things is to make money.

It's crazy to me, but people equate price with quality. Thus we have the phrase "You get what you pay for."

Increasing prices will sometimes increase sales and many times sales will be reduced but profits will be higher and you have to work less.
#odinstoyfactory

SMF

Teknoromi