Author Topic: Dust Collecter  (Read 854 times)

Offline DaveK

• View Profile
Dust Collecter
« on: August 08, 2021, 09:54:37 am »
I am looking at the Seyco cyclonic action dust collecter for under the scroll saw table. Does anyone have one and if so what are you thoughts about it. How effective is it? I would appreciate any input.

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
Re: Dust Collecter
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 04:09:24 pm »
I have their small dust collector system, with the cyclone and the small vacuum.  It works *great*.
I get a little dust that blows off of the top of the wood and that's about it.

I can always tell if there's a problem because I start to see extra sawdust on the collection hose and my car that I'm pressed right up near.  Usually it's small bits clogging the inlet under the saw table (I have a bit of wire handy for clearing those out).  Every few months it's that the cyclone has gotten full.  If I let the cyclone get full then it winds up getting noticeable dust into the vacuum's bag and it can clog up.  Make sure you keep some spare bags for the vacuum on hand.  I've found that I can knock the bag back clean a couple of times before I have to change it.

The vacuum, being on the back end of my little cart, is just loud enough that I wear hearing protection.  Actually I wear it anyway because the light 'chittering' noise the saw makes matches up well with some hearing damage I have from back in the 1980's so extended time at the saw bothers my ears anyway. 

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Dust Collecter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 09:34:39 am »
I have the small Seyco type with magnet hold in-feed  under the table close to the blade. Works well bit noisier than I thought it would be but not a problem as I wear hearing protection most of the time.

SMF

Teknoromi