Author Topic: Pictures updated  (Read 1118 times)

cherie

Pictures updated
« on: June 14, 2010, 01:18:53 pm »
I have added the last of the photos for the Denton Texas Scroll Saw picnic if anyone is interested.  Here is the link:  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=62413&id=1091796972&l=7abaf9784c

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Pictures updated
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:04:05 pm »
Hey Cherie, Did you snag any of that fine looking wood?
Dan In Southern California

Offline 34natl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:38:13 pm »
Cherie, great looking pics.It looks like it was a great time.
Thanks for sharing them with us people that could not go.
Did JrRanger (Sylvia) make it this year?
Mike

cherie

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:29:18 pm »
If Sylvia was there I did not see her.  DGman, I did buy some wood.  I did include a couple of pictures.  My favorite is the Zebra Wood I purchased from Ooch Hardwoods.  I was just picturing cutting some of Shelia's crosses from it, so I went up to Jaun and said, "baby, can I have some money to buy some wood?"  He gave me a look and gave me some money.   LOL

jediscroller

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:34:33 pm »
Sylvia didn't make it this year Mike.  Cherie, I'm just glad I didn't break your camera, hehehehe.

Kevin

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 10:18:44 pm »
Hi Cherie thanks for sharing the rest of your pics, there is some really brilliant stuff there it's hard to know where to start, how many people would attend a Picnic like that?, is it open to the public? and how much dio you pay to see a show like this/.
I went a symposium in NZ a couple of years ago and it was about $350 for the week end but that included accomodation and all meals plus they had a good team of demonstrators from over seas as well as local, it was very intense but a great W/E, as no doubt yours was
Jimbo

cherie

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 10:45:00 pm »
Jimbo, it was only for two days and we paid $132.00 for the event not including the money it took to get there, eat, gas, and a place to sleep.  I learn a lot from the many people I met.  There were lots of hugs to those I was really looking forward to meeting.
Kevin, yep you are one of those.  My camera, well it would talk more to break that.  LOL.  Gotta love me.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 03:06:42 am »
These sort of shows cost a bit but are worth it I feel, they had a scroll in in NZ but it was to far to drive for one day 1000kms round trip plus acc, and food and you had to take your own saw, more of a hads on, but it sounded good from the reports
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi