Author Topic: YES, THIS IS US!!  (Read 3671 times)

king310

YES, THIS IS US!!
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:07:55 pm »

YES, THIS IS US!! !

Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others.

HOWEVER, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took

The melody out of music,

The pride out of appearance,

The courtesy out of driving,

The romance out of love,

The commitment out of marriage,

The responsibility out of parenthood,

The togetherness out of the family,

The learning out of education

The service out of patriotism,

The Golden Rule from rulers,

The nativity scene out of cities,

The civility out of behavior,

The refinement out of language,

The dedication out of employment,

The prudence out of spending,

The ambition out of achievement or
God out of government and school.

And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!

And, we do understand the meaning of patriotism, and remember those who have fought and died for our country.

Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts as they stand at attention with their hand over their hearts!

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!  

I'm the life of the party.....Even if it lasts until 8 p.m.

I'm very good at opening childproof caps.....With a hammer.

I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.

I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere.

I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.

I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.

Yes, I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of my life!

Now if I could only remember who sent this to me,

And, MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA
AND MAY AMERICA THANK GOD!!

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Re: YES, THIS IS US!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 01:42:12 am »
Brilliant.  Loved every single word until the end   :o and then it should end God Bless Australia and May Australia Thank God.  8)  Yeah now thats a better ending.  8)

Marg   :-* :-* :-*
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:11:41 am »
King, I want to know who took the HAIR out of my head and where was it put ???.
God Help Scotland. ::) :P ::) :P ::) :P ::) :P
Rob Roy.

thumbs

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:03:05 am »
Rob Roy--I don't know about your hair but mine keeps showing up in my nose and ears--scary sight--Richard

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »
Hi Richard, sometimes I find bits of it turning up in my hat.LOL. How are you coping since your little "accident". Hope all is going well. All the best Richard, from a snowy Scotland.
Rob Roy.

thumbs

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 07:49:29 pm »
Rob Roy, I am doing quite well considering what happened--it is amazing how much we learnt when we were small children. Such as  tying our shoe laces and doing a button on our shirt. It has taken some time to relearn this and at times I must ask the Mrs to do something for me. I do enjoy teasing the kids around here about the lost thumb. I'll tell them some story or another and watch their eye light up with amazement as to how I survived the whole adventure. It would be hard to hitch a lift in Scotland since you folks drive on the other side of the road--any way all is better and thank you for asking. Best regards, Richard ( 1and 1/2 thumbs)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 01:23:47 am »
Richard my husband lost to just past the first joint of his index finger and if he see a child with their finger up their nose he tells them that is how he lost part of his finger.  The look on their faces is priceless.   :o :D

Rob a friend of mine who is now bald told the children in his class that he was loosing his hair because he was too tall for his car and that the roof of the car was rubbing all his hair away.  They all believed him.   :D :D

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:50:16 am »
That's what happened with my hair Marg. I decided, so that my head wouldn't rub on the car roof, no matter what the weather, that I would drive with the sunroof open. This was an abject failure, as the WIND blew my hair away!!!. Now  that I've shrunk with age, or was it the rain coming in the roof, I don't have to bother, I just turn the heater up full tilt. Old Age????. Who needs it!!!!.
Rob Roy. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :P :P :P :P :P

rob roy

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 06:59:36 am »
1 1/2 Thumbs. Hi Richard, glad to hear you are managing to overcome most of the problems your wee accident threw at you. Just a case of sheer determination
on your part, or sometimes sheer frustration I'm sure. Hang in there Richard. Best wishes from A SUNNY Scotland, just for a change.
Rob Roy.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:18 pm »
Rob, my dad says he hasn't got a bald patch - it's a solar panel for a sex machine...

I told him he had that wrong, when he was younger he had all waves on his head - now the tide has gone out and it's all beach.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:51 pm »
Hi Keefie, I'm afraid the solar panel on my head does what it's supposed to do............................ Produce loads of HOT WATER.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Rob Roy.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 05:28:36 am »
You bloomin Scottish, you never cease to amaze me - we all pay for our gas/electric to heat out hot water and there you are getting it for free!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 08:21:35 am »
hahaha, with all you talking about being bald and producing lots of hot water I would almost forget the greatness of the original post of King.

great post.... but only for America.....
add Holland to it for me ;)
so because of us being "global" her lets make it:

May God bless the world
And may the world thanks God
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi