Author Topic: heart broken  (Read 3650 times)

thumbs

heart broken
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:14:31 pm »
I lost my buddy today--Bailey was a 8 year old beagle who was by my side from the time I got up until we went to bed--during storms he sleeps next to me-He started a hacking cough about 2 weeks ago--took him to the vet this morning and said she wanted to scope this throat-- well the was a large mass on both sides of the throat-- the vet didn't know how he was breathing at all--So we put him down.. worst thing I have had to do in a long time--my wife and I cried the whole way home--For those of you who are dog lovers you'll understand--for the one's who aren't, well then you will never understand unconditional love--Richard

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: heart broken
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:33:46 pm »
I'm so sorry Richard. I do know what that is like. A pet becomes a member of your family, and leaves a void in your heart when they are gone.
Dan In Southern California

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:36:37 pm »
Aww, Richard!  I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I had a wonderful Siamese cat named 'Jasmine' for over 15 years.  She was just like your dear Bailey was to you.  I have other wonderful pets since, but she was the pet of a lifetime, as she was so devoted to me.  The only comfort I can give you is that you know you gave Bailey a wonderful and happy life.  You did the right thing sparing him all that pain.  It is so sad to lose our furry friends.  (((HUGS))) and best wishes, Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:39:47 pm »
Richard I do understand where you are comeing from.. We lost our scooter about two years ago.  My wife and I were with him under his favorit tree.  The tears were running, for we had him for 16 years.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:55:19 pm »
I can understand your pain.  I have loved and lost a family pet, however I didn't truly lose them.  I had them cremated and have their ashes on my mantle, so they are realy still with me.  Jeff

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 02:12:25 pm »
i know where your coming from Richard i had to get my dog put down a few years ago and it was one of the hardest things i had to do.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »
I also know your feelings today....

We lost three in the period of 6 weeks right before Christmas.

Canine, feline, equine or any other kind of loving friend is hard to lose....

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SheGold

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »
Richard, I'm so very sorry.. It's like losing a family member.. Hugs to you and your wife... Sheila

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 05:54:08 pm »
GB got it right - "Canine, feline, equine or any other kind of loving friend is hard to lose...."  when they gone there is one big empty space to fill, we are one big family in the forum, we can't take the place of lost ones, but we can be there for you if you need us.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 07:11:34 pm »
Hi Richard. Very sorry to hear you lost your "friend". I'm in agreement with GB, having lost a 17 year old Labrador and a lovely Cocker Spaniel. Leaves a big hole in your life. They are very sorely missed. God Bless.
Rob Roy.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:13:31 pm by rob roy »

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 10:10:44 am »
Been in the same boat Richard.  Indescribable pain but but the joy and companionship are what make it worth enduring.  My shepard "Hagrid" is 7 now and if I lost him (makes me shudder) I would have to get a new buddy quickly to start to fill the hole.  You have my sympathies!
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

pappawdude

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:07 am »
so sorry to hear of your loss hang in there. We have a little house dog 13yrs old I dont expect her to be around to many more years. Hugs buddy

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 10:53:46 am »
There really are no words that can help.  I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the memories of your time together will help a bit.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 02:55:17 pm »
I am also sorry for your loss Richard. Wishing you all the best in your time of need.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »
Thumbs, like all the other comments I am sorry to hear of your loss. When I had to get our cat put down it was one of  the hardest think I had ever done . We knw=ow nwhat you are going through.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

SMF

Teknoromi