Author Topic: Joe's turnings and a couple of his cuttings  (Read 1363 times)

tgaspard

Joe's turnings and a couple of his cuttings
« on: May 19, 2010, 11:02:03 am »
Here are some more of his turnings.  He basically turned pens to begin and now he is venturing out into turning bowls...That will be the next post LOL.  He has cut alot on the scroll saw as well.  I have included his largest piece he has ever cut.  Bigger than I have ever cut.  And a cross that his has cut out of Paduak.

Tonya

Marshall

Re: Joe's turnings and a couple of his cuttings
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:01:30 pm »
Tonya > Joe needs to get on here , for it looks as if he could teach us all something ........some fine work here .................Marshall

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:52:51 pm »
Really super work. Is that dragon pattern on sale anywhere? Living with a dragon collector and his first reaction was , Now that's what I call a dragon.
I agree with Marshall I think Joe could teach us a thing or two.
David

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 03:14:28 pm »
great job on all. the cross is awesome. thanks.

tgaspard

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:23:28 pm »
David, the dragon pattern is a Jeff Zaffino pattern that was featured in the Creative Woodworks and Craft Magazine back in April of 2008 (I think?).  It is 561 cuts total.  It took me a complete week to cut it and then he made a frame for it out of pecan, which isn't the frame that is in the picture.  Joe is also a dragon collector and when I showed him that pattern he said oooooooo....I told him you can handle that...LOL.  Well, he did it and was proud of it and I am so proud of him for starting and finishing it....

Tonya

Dawie

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 05:08:23 pm »
That was quite a job. Patience is what it must have taken. I thought I had patience doing my Harley with its 96 cuts. I will search the net to see if somewhere somebody might have the magazine and want to sell it on. Thanks for the info.

cherie

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 05:33:36 pm »
Those pens are just awesome.  And the dragon well he needs to jump on the forum like someone else had said.  He is talented.  I do not think this forum is all about scroll work, turning, carving, ect... its all woodwork of some sorts.

Dawie

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 05:34:44 pm »
Thanks found it on the site of Creative Woodworks + Crafts. You can get all the magazines from 1997 up to now. It was  in April 2007. You where close.
David

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 12:52:44 am »
Thanks for sharing, Tonya.  It seems when people try turning they really love it.  One day I may give it a try.  Joe does some fine work.

Barry

SMF

Teknoromi