Author Topic: Some of Hubby's turnings  (Read 1193 times)

tgaspard

Some of Hubby's turnings
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:57:29 am »
This is some of my hubby's(Joe) turnings that he has done this year and last year.  I will post some more in another thread as I don't want this thread to be a lengthy one with all the pictures...LOL.  No, I don't do work on the lathe.  I do good enough just rounding off the wood for him when he lets me...LOL. 

Tonya

Marshall

Re: Some of Hubby's turnings
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »
Very good impressive work ...........................

Offline Caribbean Scroller

• View Profile
    • http://www.woodartz.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 01:48:28 pm »
Very nice looking pieces.

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:46:42 pm »
Like you your hubby is a real artist. Thanks for showing some of his work.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:10:10 pm »
very nice indeed. thank you for sharing with us.

tgaspard

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 03:36:37 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I forgot to mention that the Guardian Angel Clock is hanging in my dining room above my bar.  He wanted to make it for me.  He told me to pick the wood that I wanted for it and order the plan, wood, and clock components.  My favorite color being purple...So I chose purpleheart, yellowheart, and walnut. 

Yes, he is very talented.  Believe it or not we actually value each others opinions in the shop and help each other tremendously...Especially when we both have brain farts(can I say that?) LOL...I have helped him in comming up with designs for his turnings which I do not take credit for. 

At the moment he has finished turning some chess pieces and cutting all 64 squares and he is getting ready to get more wood to build the chess board.  That will look awesome in my eyes when he is done with it....As soon, as he can get more time to work on it again, he will and once he has it finished I will take pictures and post for you all...

Tonya

SMF

Teknoromi