Author Topic: Finished number three yesterday  (Read 1197 times)

tgaspard

Finished number three yesterday
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:47:50 am »
This one is a Sue Mey pattern that I changed a little bit.  It is cut from 1/2" Corian.  i was just having too much fun yesterday in the shop to get three projects done...LOL...

Tonya

garyinnevada

Re: Finished number three yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:25:22 am »
You'z a busy girl Tonya!!

Very nice!

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 09:24:24 am »
Very nice! I have tried cutting corion, but I'm not having to much luck. Any tips on cutting?

cherie

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 09:53:12 am »
That is so gorgeous.  I cannot wait to get back to my saw full time.  June cannot get here fast enough.

tgaspard

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 09:50:32 am »
Crusty, the major keys to cutting corian is patience because you have to go slow, sharp blades, and DON'T PUSH it while you are cutting or you will almost instantly break your blade everytime.  You can also turn your saw down some.  I cut mine on about a medium speed.  I have cut it at higher speed before.  I use spiral blades so the kerf is a little thicker and won't let it melt back together.  If you are using a smaller straight blade then you definately want to turn your saw down or it will melt back together.  You can sand it as normal.  I go all the way up to a 400 wet sand it.  wipe off the residue. put some plastic polish on it and then wipe that off. (Kinda like waxing it).  Then presto, you are done....

I hope I could help you.  I have written about this subject and how I cut corian several times.  This is basically how I cut corian....

Tonya

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 03:54:01 pm »
Hi Tonya. Thanks for to pointers. I jusat have totry it again. Back when I was a cabinet maker. We used corion all the time. Counter tops, things like that. We used alot different equipment. I have a whole stack of corion from a friend that used to work for me, now has his own shop and does alot of corion. I will try to set some time aside to try it again. I'll let you know how I do.
Thank you
Chris

SMF

Teknoromi